Chapter 6

"Chloe, do you want to go on the woodland trail or the river trail?'' Serenity asks, after we've started moving.

Serenity and Pumpkin are leading the group, followed by Chloe and Annabel, Angela on Fauna, Jessica on Cooper, and I'm bringing up the rear. I'm to keep a watch on the Angela and Jessica, seeing as we don't know how much experience they have with horses.

"The Woodland Trail," Chloe replies, causing me to breathe a sigh of relief. Although I've worked with Ezhno on his fear of water, he still becomes very tense and uneasy around rivers, lakes, creeks, or any other bodies of water, and he becomes extremely unpredictable.

We ride on for about half an hour, and I have to admit, the trails are beautiful. Tree branches create a canopy of leaves overhead, blocking the subs heat. Birds chirp happily, flitting through the sky. Colorful wild flowers are sprinkled throughout the forest.

In simple terms, the trail is breathtaking.

All is well (aside from Chloe overusing her crop on Annabel, the poor horse) until Cooper stops suddenly- Jessica has her reigns far too tight.

"Move you stupid horse," she mumbles.

"Loosen up your reigns," I offer.

She gives me a spiteful look, and opens her mouth to say something but before she can, she's flying through the air. Cooper reared, throwing her off!

Both Serenity and I jump off, and run over to her.

"Are you okay," Serenity asks, reaching out a hand to help her. I can hear Chloe and Angela snickering behind us- some friends.

"No, I am not okay! That dumb horse just threw me off! And don't think that I'm getting back on that animal," she hisses.

"You can ride Pumpkin if you want," Serenity offers.

"I have an idea," Chloe coyly says. "What if Jessica rides Annabel, Taylor rides Cooper, and I try out- what did you say your horse was named Taylor?"

"Ezhno," I say through clenched teeth.

"That's right, Ezhno. Annabel would never buck, and I'd love to see how Ezhno rides," Chloe suggests, her voice innocent and sweet, but laced with venom.

"I don't think that's such a good idea. I'm the only one who's ever ridden him, and I don't know how he'd react," I cautiously state.

And I don't like the thought of a barn brat like you riding my horse with spurs and constantly whipping him with your crop, I mentally add.

"Oh, come on I can handle it."

"Maybe another day," I say, hoping to end the conversation.

"Fine," she sneers, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'll just switch with Serenity, it's no big deal," Jessica mumbles.

After a best of silence, we all get situated on our horses, and ride back towards the barn.

A/N what do you think? btw, if I take a while updating this week, it's because I missed school Friday and have a lot of makeup work, and on top of that, it's exam week. Fun =/

Btw I want to know if anyone knows of any really good stories? please comment them!!!