Chapter 1

Hey guys. First chapter.  I know, I said I put it up soon, but I told myself that I'll with upload a new chapter every time I finish typing the next. I know, confusing. Don't worry it makes sense in my mind. Oh well, enjoy guys! Also, remember what I told you... Read  the lyrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're coming creeping from the corner

And all I know is that I don't feel safe

I feel the tapping on my shoulder

I turn around in an alarming state

But am I losing my mind?

I really think so

Not a creature in sight

But, what you don't know

Is that my breathing gets faster and so does my heartbeat

I wish this was over, I wish that this was a dream but

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

I've nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare

Wait, something doesn't feel right (feel right)

No, something seems wrong (wrong)

And I've been feeling this way (oh that's too bad), for

Far too long

As my vision gets blurred, my skin's getting colder

Appearing young, while I'm growing older

I collapse to the floor and scream:

"Can anybody save me from myself?"

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared (Oh I'm so scared)

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

I've nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare

Walking to the ledge

I find myself looking down

Frozen still with fear

Now I'm plunging to the ground

If only I knew how to fly

Then I could convince myself this isn't my time to die

Instead, I'm rocketing faster and faster

I dive bomb to the floor

And when my body crashes to the pavement

I'm right back where I was before

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

No!

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare (I'm so scared)

Abigail violently sits up in bed, and stares at her wall, breathing heavily.

"Well, that was something. But it's not like I never have nightmares. I was lucky to get any sleep at all." she whispers to herself and checks the clock.

"2am. Well, I'm up, and not falling back asleep anytime soon. But what was going on in that dream?" Abigail said laying back down on her bed. She thinks about her dream the rest of the night. When she could see light flowing into her room from the sun, she knows that she should try to "nap".

A few minutes pass, and she's barely conscious. Her door opens slightly, enough to tell that someone was there. Her mom walks in and tries to wake her up.

"Abby, come on, it's time to get ready for school." she says calmly.

'Oh right, school's a thing I have to go to.' Abigail thinks and slowly opens her eyes to see her mom sitting by her on the bed. Her mom smiles, stands up, and walks out.

Abby gets up and gets dressed, and ready so all she has to do is eat. Once she finishes getting ready, she leaves her room and heads to the kitchen. Someone was cooking pancakes, she could smell it from the hall. She grabs some and sits at the table. Her younger brother, Zachariah, sitting next her. Staring.

"Dude, what are you staring at?" Abby asks looking around her.

"You look like you're dead." he says looking at her.

"So?"

"Abby? Did you sleep at all last night?" her dad asks putting a hand on her shoulder. She looks up at him.

"Actually, I did. I mean I woke up at 2 am and didn't fall asleep after so..." she said and her sentence kinda evaporating in her mouth as she stopped talking. She quickly started eating again, trying to avoid the conversation as much as she could.

"That's not good for your health Abb." her mom looks at her. "What was it this time?"

"Just another nightmare, that's all."

"We need to see someone for this, it could get worse." her dad says.

"Well I don't want to, I just want to deal with it myself." She suddenly bursts out. "Well, I'm done." she says standing up from the table.

"But you barely touched your food?" her dad asks questioning her.

"I'm not that hungry right now. I'll pick something small up on the way. Come on Zack, I'm your ride." Abby says picking up her backpack and her keys.

"Comin'." he says standing up from his spot at the table. "Bye mom , bye dad." he says waving to them as he picks up his backpack and heads out the door to Abby's car.

"We should set up a counselor for her, it mights help her depression and maybe her insomnia." her mom said.

"That's true, but she would freak on us." her dad responded.

"So, it's for her health."

"Let's do it."

Abby's mom goes on her computer and research good counseling places before she goes to work. Calls one and sets up an appointment, and then heads to work reminding herself that Abby will be furious.