Ch.16: The Truth Pt. 2

Começar do início

"Geass. The absolute power tocontrol someone. They will do your bidding no matter what you asked. All you need is eye contact. That's it. Such a simple yet powerfultool.", C.C. said, making Adelice's eyes widened.

The absolute power to control someone? Was that how Zero was building up his armies? How Lelouch had beenable to convince all these people to follow him? Had he used thispower on all of The Black Knights? Fear struck her and made herplant her feet on the ground to keep from falling over. Had he usedit on her? He wouldn't... but.. what if he did and she hadn'trealized it?

"There is one condition though.",C.C. continued taking a step into the room. Adelice was brought outof her thoughts as she did this and took a step back, not wanting tobe close to this woman. There was something scary to her about thiswoman and she wanted her as far away as possible. "You can onlyuse it on the same person once.", she said.

Adelice stared at her. So then perhapsLelouch wasn't controlling any of The Black Knights. If he couldonly use it once then he couldn't have been controlling them for allthese weeks. Still this didn't make her any less nervous at thethought of him using it on her or if he had already done it.

"Is there anything else you're lyingto me about?", Adelice asked, feeling her heart sink. She felt sobetrayed. "Adelice... I didn't mean to. Please.", Lelouch saidtaking a step closer to her. Adelice put her hand out. She didn'twant anyone close to her. She just wanted to be alone at this point.

Her eyes traveled down as tears filledher eyes. "I can't believe you did this...", she said throughher tears, her voice cracking a little. She quickly made a run forthe door, running down the hall and out toward the dining room.

She could hear Lelouch shout for herand his footsteps coming quickly. Reaching down quickly, she grabbedher school bag and slung it over her shoulder. Lelouch was franticas she could see, he was breathing heavily as he stepped toward her,holding onto the dining room table.

Her eyes traveled to his hand which wasshaking with fear. It rested against a chess board which was set upand ready to play. Her eyes traveled along the pieces, she didn'tlook toward him. There wasn't much he could say to make her feelbetter about this situation.

A mixture of anger and betrayal causeda deep frown to appear on her face as her eyes turned upward again,meeting his. "Adelice this is not the way I wanted to tell you. Ipromise I was going to.", Lelouch said, through nervous gasps.

Adelice frown did not waver as shestared at him, saying no words at all. Her eyes traveled down to thechess table again. Walking over to it, she couldn't help but feelthe chess peccaries were them, and all the people around them.

She took the white queen in her handsand placed it in the middle of the board. She glared at him. Lelouch looked back at her saying anything that came to mind. "Iget it! I know I put you in the middle of everything Adelice buttrust me when I say that it wasn't my intention."

She said nothingbut took the Black King into her hands and put it beside her. Lelouch didn't say anything and continued to watch as her hand placedit on the tiled space next to the White Queen. "Please Adelice...listen to me...", but before Lelouch could get the rest of thewords out, she gently hit the Black King onto it's side.