Facts 31-60: Star vs. The Forces of Evil Facts

Grab your magic wands and prepare some of Marco's super awesome nachos, because it's about to get a little weird, gonna get a little wild, I ain't from around here, I'm from another dimension!

To celebrate the announcement of the premiere of season 2 next month, here are some facts about everyone's favourite princess from another dimension!

Fact #31
A few of the many inspirations for Star vs. The Forces of Evil mainly came from popular Japanese Anime such as Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Magic Knight Rayearth, Revolutionary Girl, and Unicode.

Fact #32
One of the few American influence for the show was Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Scott Pilgram.

Fact #33
During the production of the show, Star and Marco were originally written as enemies.

Fact #34
Marco was originally supposed to be obsessed with an anime similar to Dragon Ball Z in the show.

Fact #35
The episode "Mewpendence Day" premiered on August 17th 2015, which is coincidentally the same day as the Indonesian Independence Day.

Fact #36
Oscar, the keytar player that lives in his car outside the school, is voiced by none other than "Napoleon Dynamite"'s Jon Heder.

Fact #37
So far, Lobster Claw is the only one of Ludo's monsters to have taken Star's Wand and used it for themselves without destroying it.

Fact #38
The St. Olga's School For Wayward Princesses, is a reference to an actual person. Her name was Olga of Kiev, who ruled during 900 A.D.

Fact #39
The landscape of the Time Dimension is based off of Salvador Dali's painting, Persistence of Memory.

Fact #40
The game Marco and Princess Ponyhead play, "Lance Lance Revolution" is a reference to the arcade game "Dance Dance Revolution".

Fact #41
Ludo eats onions and says "There's a rumbly in my tumbly", the same way Pooh Bear says it.

Fact #42
According to Zap2It, the names of the first 4 episodes for the second season are, "My New Wand!", "Ludo in the Wild", "Mr. Candle Cares", and "Red Belt".

Fact #43
Eden Sher who voices Star has appeared in previous Disney Channel shows such as Pair of Kings, and Sonny With A Chance.

Fact #44
Grey Griffin who voices Queen Butterfly and Jackie Lynn Thomas was also the voice of Glowstrike in Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015). She was also the voice of Riley Daring in Disney's The Replacements.  

Fact #45
Fred Tatasciore who voices Buff Frog was also the voice of Saberhorn in Transformers: Robots In Disguise. He has also done other works for Disney such as Wander Over Yonder, Avengers Assemble, Star Wars Rebels, Ultimate Spider-Man, Disney Infinity, Gravity Falls, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, Penn Zero: Part Time Hero, Mickey Mouse shorts, Frozen, Phineas & Ferb, Tron: Uprising, The Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes, and many more.

Fact #46
Artt Butler who voices Marco's dad has also done work on Disney Channel's I Didn't Do It.

Fact #47
The creator of Star vs. The Forces of Evil has a Tumblr account where she posts original concept art for the show and other cartoons and shorts she's worked on during her career.

Fact #48
A storyboard for a 11 minute episode would require about 2000 drawings to be done in a six-week period.

Fact #49
In earlier conceptual versions of the series, Star was a grade schooler who didn't have magic powers but believed she did. After someone suggested that she make Star older and have real magic powers, Daron Nefcy changed her into a princess from a different dimension.

Fact #50
In an early concept of Star, she had a pet cat named Cashew.

Fact #51
According to series creator Daron Nefcy, Star's favorite color is yellow.

Fact #52
In an earlier version of the show, Marco's name was actually "Sol".

Fact #53
In the Korean dub, Star yells out, "Shabang Shabang!" before casting a spell.

Fact #54
Star herself has confirmed that she and the other people from Mewni aren't humans. Rather, they are a humanoid species called "Mewmans." In spite of this, a minion refers to her as human.

Fact #55
Marco's fans are called "Meatballs" by Adam on his Twitter.

Fact #56
Marco currently has a green belt with a white stripe in the Tang Soo Do discipline. A green belt represents "the growth of a seed that sprouts upward, becoming a plant. Like the sprout, the student is becoming something greater." A green belt is roughly middle level.

Fact #57
In "Star and the Forces of Evil," Marco's pants are blue instead of the usual dark gray.

Fact #58
Marco's middle name is Ubaldo, as revealed on a test grade in "Match Maker".

Fact #59
Marco's full name initials spell, "M.U.D."

Fact #60
Season 2 for Star vs. The Forces of Evil premiers July 11th on Disney XD.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! Stay Disney everyone!