CH.8 I LET THE WOLF OUT THE BAG

After I learned her real name I kept repeating it. Heaven was the perfect name for her. The perfect girl. My thoughts were interupted.

"EARTH TO JACOB!!!!!!!!" Quil yelled.

"What?" I said.

"You've been all dazed for a while." Emily said.

"I'm just a little out of it." I admited.

"Wow, Jacob has actually told the truth." Embry said.

"Why are you so obessed with my life?" I said.

"Just tell us what the truth is." he urged.

Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Fine! Yes. I have been hiding a secret! And guess what?! Yes, I am dating Ryder. And yes, she is my new girlfriend!" I blurted. I slopped down in my seat," Happy?!". I got up and left out the house. I walked to the sandy shore. Yeah, I told. That was unexecpted of me. I guess I suprised myself too. I heard footsteps coming towards me. Leah had this look on her face that made her seem like a worried mother.

"Leah, look I..." I started. She lunged and hugged me. I patted her back.

"I'm so.....happy for you." she said.

"Leah..................................thank you. And you can let go now." I said. She pulled off of me."And don't tell anyone, but............I imprinted pn Ryder."

"I very thought you would. I always saw you to grow up to be an old man alone." she laughed.

"Well thank you for thinking me up as something." I said.

We both laughed. She was like my two sisters. Which I hoped to see again. Leah at this point wasn't all that bad. Or was this just an act. We swore eachother into secret. Embry got what he wanted. The pack knows my business. I can be left alone for a while. No harrassment would be nice.

..........................................................................................................

"Straight or curly?" Ryder said looking in the mirror.

"Hmm straight." I said.

"Why?" Ryder asked.

"Your just looks a little tangled when you have it curled." I said. Now I had an irregular thing with going over to Ryder's house and helping her pick out clothes for different days.

"Ok so ponytail or let it down" she said fooling around with her hair.

"Are trying to impress me?" I said.

"If I was trying to impress you I wouldn't be showing you the clothes I want to wear. Maybe you should think about that?" she said standing in front of me.

"Sigh. True." I said caressing her hand. I kissed her hand. She smiled.

"I have heard myths about legends here in La Push." she said.

"What legends?" I said sitting up.

She stuck her hand under her bed and pulled out a library book titled "La Push Myths and Legend"

(Disclaimer: This is not a real book.)

"The book said something abot like wolf guardians. They said the tribe would have like spirits in the shape of wolves to protect the clan from evil." she explained.

"Um" I said. I was silent for a minute.

"They always said the people of La Push have one horrible enemy. Cold ones? Could you tell me about any of this?" she said.