I snorted.

“But you know you could have phoned us to say that you were safe,” Sebastian said quietly.

“I know, but I left everything that I didn’t have a claim to in here. And then when I ran, I never thought of writing down your numbers,” I lied. I just didn’t want them to be in trouble with Alex because of me.

“Damn it, Liv! I told you I can read your mind! And I know you’re lying!” Sebastian said irritably.

I smiled sheepishly. “I’m sorry, but you know why. I won’t cause a family rift!” I said adamantly. “You know he would have gotten on a high horse for nothing,” I said and walked into the kitchen.

Once in there, I searched for food, but couldn’t find anything I liked. “Can I get you something, miss?” Aggie asked me kindly.

“No, thank you Aggie,” I said as I walked out and came once again face to face with Sebastian and Cathy.

“You can’t run away from us,” Cathy said smirking, and then pulled me to the lounge area. “Now, tell us about where you stayed. How the area was and the people you live with,” she said getting excited.

I rolled my eyes. “I stayed with an elderly lady named Camille and –”

Sebastian burst out laughing, while Cathy had a smirk on her face and I looked at them with an irritated expression.

“Well, don’t look at me like that! I just want to point out how even fate was telling you that you belong with a vampire and in the vampire world,” Sebastian said once he calmed down.

I eyed him stonily.  “I’m glad you find it hilarious, but on with my adventure. I worked at a supermarket as a cashier and I had one sexy partner every night, even though I never spoke to him. He was downright gorgeous. He had these curly tight brown curls, a dimple in his left cheek and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. He was very, very tall and broad shouldered and I’m so in love with him,” I ended dreamily.

Yet, before anyone could even breathe a syllable, we heard crashing sounds, like a bed being upturned and glass breaking. I looked at Sebastian and Cathy worriedly. “What’s going on?” I asked them.

They shared a look between each other and Sebastian stood, and then fondly touched Cathy’s shoulder. “I’ll check it out and sort it,” he told her before leaving the room with a deep sigh. 

She nodded and then looked at me. “Nothing,” she answered quickly.

“I don’t believe you,” I said and folded my arms over my chest.

She had a staring contest with me, but broke away after a few seconds. Catherine looked around the room nervously, indirectly telling me that it was something serious.

“Cathy, what is going on?” I asked her deliberately slowly.

She let out a deep sigh. “I hate you, you know that?” she asked me annoyed.

I shrugged with a smile.

“You always made me tell you things I shouldn’t,” she mumbled. Then she looked at me in my face. “Alex…uh, has been moody as of late. He has gotten a terrible temper and has suddenly resorted to …uh, breaking anything he can get his hands on. It doesn’t matter where he is, or with whom he is,” she said quickly.

I sat back in my chair, shocked. “How long has this been going on?”

She combed her fingers nervously through her hair. “A few weeks,” she said nervously.

I looked at her and felt my eyes widen. He has been behaving like an animal for a few weeks now and no one thought to do anything? “Has this happened before?” I asked in a small voice.