Chapter 30

Warning: Dangerous, murderous, heart aching ot5 feels. Read at your own risk!

.........................................................

*Harry's pov*

Standing here on Liam's porch is probably the most nerve racking thing ever. I have no idea what to say to him or how to exactly apologize to him. I know I was really mad at Liam then, but thinking about all the memories and our history together makes it impossible to even think that our friendship would come to an end. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell as my heart started beating faster. The doorbell opened revealing Mrs. Payne with a small smile on her face.

"Harry Darling, what brings you here at this time." Mrs. Payne greeted, pulling me in a hug.

"Umm uhh, I-I really need to talk to Liam. Is he home?" I asked nervously.

"Oh yes! He's in his room, and he hasn't come out of it from quite a while, actually. You may go see him." She said, letting me in.

"Thank you Mrs. Payne." I thanked her quickly and basically ran up to Liam's room.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. I didn't know what I was expecting but seeing Liam lying on the bed with silent tears running down his face and next to him on the pillow is what seems to be a picture of the two of us in our younger years is beyond what I prepared myself for and if I said that the scene didn't break my heart and bring tears to my eyes then I'm the biggest liar ever. Liam did a double take when he saw me and immediately sat upright with the most shocked look on his face.

"Harry." He gasped letting more tears slide down his cheeks. "W-What are you doing here?" He said, voice cracking at the end while I noticed him trying to back away as if he's afraid of me.

My heart instantly ached at that making me run towards Liam, not missing the flinch he did as I got closer, and engulf him into my arms tightly making him completely break down on my shoulder. This was too much for me, I couldn't hold it in anymore so I let my own tears fall down.

"I'm so sorry, Li." I cried. "I know I'm a shit excuse of a best friend but I want you to know that I'm so sorry and that I need you to forgive me, even though I understand if you don't want to." I said making him cry harder.

"I-I tho-though that y-you came to b-beat me up." Liam basically squeaked.

I tightened my grip on him at that if that's possible as a sob escaped my mouth. Why would he ever say something like that?

"Oh my God, Li!" I cried harder. "Please don't ever say that again, it hurts to think that you think of me ever hurting you. Even though it's my fault." I said, placing a light kiss on his temple. "I'm so so sorry."

We stayed silent for a moment in each other's arms before Liam spoke. "I'm sorry too."

"No, Liam! You have nothing to apologize for, you did nothing wrong." I protested. "Well, except for the big scene you made at Zayn's but you were drunk at that time so I may excuse you for that." I teased.

"Please don't remind me of that. I hated myself for it." He pouted and looked down.

I chuckled lightly. "Well, you shouldn't. It's all over and everything's alright now.....right?" I tilted my head.

A wide smile suddenly formed on Liam's face. "I...Y-Yeah I mean, I hope so."

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"I mean, i-if you're not mad at me anymore." He shrugged.

I sighed at that. "I'm not, Liam. I promise you I'm not. I mean, I was at the beginning but I'm not anymore. If anything, I should be the one concerned about you being mad at me for being a jerk." I admitted.