Chapter 21

Rachet was at the computer slowly decoding the files. He was stalling more then anything else. No one could read what he was doing and he used that to his advantage. As he stood there, he thought of a way to get them out of the hands of MECH.

The doctor glanced over his shoulder at Silas who was talking to his men. He turned a little and looked down the railing towards Optimus who was now unconscious. Rachet faced the computer again and clenched his fists. He wanted so badly to tend to his friends injuries, and make sure he lived through this.

The medic watched as Silas and his men walked down the stairs and into the other room. They left two men nearby to guard him and make sure he didn't try anything. Rachet smirked, how would they even know if they couldn't read it. Someone touched his arm and he flinched slightly.

"It's just me." June whispered. They had allowed her to remain free so she could work on the injured. Silas had threatened to lock her up of she tried anything.

"How is he doing?" Rachet muttered without looking away from the screen. The nurse glanced at the two guards who seemed bored out of their minds, then down at the Autobot leader.

"He'll be fine as long as they don't beat on him anymore. I'm not sure how much more he could take." She mumbled.

A Cybertronian message popped up on the screen and the medic quickly read it before it disappeared. His mind raced as an idea came to him. He started typing and June scanned the room to make sure no one was looking. She wanted to ask but didn't want to get him in trouble. A moment later he stopped and hit enter. He then went back to slowly decoding the files. She gave him a questioning look and he glanced at the guards, who weren't paying attention.

"Rafael." He mumbled almost too quiet to hear. "Bumblebee and Arcee are on their way." He said even quieter.

June looked around and gently hugged his side. He winced and she quickly let go. The nurse went back down the stairs to attend to her patients. Rachet watched as another Cybertronian message came through. He read it and smiled slightly as it downloaded itself into the main systems. Raf had sent a virus to destroy the security system. He just had to make sure it completely installed.

Silas walked into the room and heard the computer beep. He smirked and walked to it. He watched as the doctor stared at what seemed to be an extremely complicated code.

"How's it coming?" He asked.

"This is harder than it looks." The doctor grumbled. The villain glared at him.

"Are you saying that it's more complicated to crack your own code then to set it?" He growled slightly annoyed.

"You said it not me." The medic responded. The computer beeped again and one of his men walked over to another monitor and started typing.

"Sir, our base is under attack." He said. Silas walked over and looked at the screen.

"That's impossible." He muttered as he typed. A minute later his eyes narrowed.

"Gather the men. We need to get back to the base and save what we can. I'll leave a few behind to protect this place." He started yelling orders and his men ran around frantically. Rachet smirked as he continued to type.

~~

Arcee wanted to throw up, she didn't like this at all. Bumblebee sat next to her and he was grinning like an idiot. She wanted to smack the smile right off his face. Instead she hugged his arm and buried her head in his shoulder as they bounced. She groaned again.

"How much longer?" Arcee yelled over the engine.

"Not much." The man replied. She buried her head again, and Bee nudged her a moment later. She opened an eye and looked at him. The scout signed and she grumbled.

"My friend wants to know what your name is." She yelled. The man turned around and grinned.

"Just call me Blades." He said happily.

"Well..... Blades, thanks for the help." She responded before burying her head again. Why Bumblebee enjoyed flying she would never know.

Bumblebee called Agent Fowler with the phone Chief Burns had given them. He listened as it rang and remembered he couldn't actually use a phone.

"Hello?" Arcee had called the Agent before they left to let him know they were on their way. That way he also had their number.

"Hello? Who is this?" Bumblebee nudged Arcee again.

"What?" She snapped. He held the phone out and she rolled her eyes.

"Is this Bumblebee?" The Agent asked as the woman took the phone.

"Yes he called you." Arcee said as she glared at the scout. Bee ignored the look and started signing quickly as she put it on speaker.

"Oh..." she said. "Agent Fowler, has MECH taken over our base?" She said as she watched the scout sign.

"Unfortunately yes. June ended up inside because they needed her to save a life. We aren't sure who though. They have a lot of security and you can't get close to the base right now." He explained.

"How are we supposed to rescue them?" Blades asked nervously.

"Who was that?" The Agent asked. Bee smiled and signed to Arcee.

"Bumblebee says he's a friend." Arcee smirked.

"Oh.....well." Blades said slightly embarrassed that the scout already considered him a friend.

"Good to have one of those." Fowler muttered. "Rafael has been in contact with Rachet and says you'll have no problem getting into the base." He said.

"Wait... how did he manage that?" Arcee asked with surprise.

"Not sure. The boy has his ways and he's brilliant." The man responded. Bumblebee smiled proudly as he thought of the boy. "Good luck soldiers. We'll keep them busy."

"Alright thanks." She said and hung up. The helicopter dropped down a little and Arcee hugged Bees arm tighter and closed her eyes.

"Let me know when we get there." She said as she buried her head again. Bee smiled slightly and looked at the pilot.

"Oh don't worry it's not that bad." Blades said. "I used to be terrified of heights, still am sometimes. But my friend Dani helped me face my fear, sort of." He said. Arcee groaned as they dropped a little.

A bit later Bumblebee saw the base he smiled big. He poked Blades in the shoulder and pointed. The pilot nodded and flew down towards the top. Bee looked at Arcee and nudged her again.

"Bumblebee please stop." She begged.

He poked her head and she glared up at him. The scout smiled at her and pointed to the base. She smiled when she saw it and the helicopter lowered to the roof. When it landed safely Blades turned off the engine and smiled back at them.

"Last stop." He said. Arcee quickly climbed out of the chopper and stumbled to ground. Bee got out and helped her up.

"Thanks for the ride Blades." Arcee said as she shakily stood up. The two headed to the hatch.

"Um....." they turned back to the pilot, he twisted his hands nervously. "I don't have enough fuel to get back." He muttered.

"That's alright, we'll help you get what you need after we make sure our team is okay." Arcee said.

"Do I wait here?" He asked nervously as he looked around. The other two glanced at each other. Bumblebee smiled at the pilot and motioned for him to follow.

"Can you fight?" Arcee asked as he joined them and they walked to the stairs.

"Sure I do." Blades said happily as he followed. He thought for a moment. "What kind of fighting again?" he asked nervously. Arcee and Bumblebee exchanged looks.