An Angry Bee

The scout smiled and playfully punched Smokescreen in the arm as they walked into the main room. They went over to the cars to go race again, when Bumblebee heard sniffling. He looked towards the sound, his smiled faded instantly and he stopped walking. June was talking softly to Raf as she wiped away a tear.

"What's wrong Bee?" Smokescreen asked, the scout didn't move and he followed his gaze.

"Aah....I'll see ya later Bee." He said as he patted him on the shoulder and walked away.

Bumblebee furrowed his brow and walked over to the boy. As he got closer and took in the situation, he clenched his fists tightly. Rafs glasses were broken, which Rachet was currently trying to fix, he had a black eye and a bloody lip. June saw the scout approach and noticed how he had gone tense. She stood up and pulled him aside.

*What happened?* he signed angrily. June knew the scout was sensitive and over protective when it came to the little boy. His body language told her he would beat the crap out of something any second.

"I need you to calm down first." She whispered softly. He unclenched his fists and relaxed a little, but he was still on edge.

"He was at the park racing, when some kids came over and they got in a fight." She said quietly. The scouts eyes narrowed, he knew exactly which kids they were. He went to talk to the boy when she grabbed his arm.

"Bumblebee...you can't always fight his fights." She whispered. He glared at her and shrugged her off. Maybe not, but he could try.

The scout stopped a few feet away as he watched the doctor.

"There...good as new." Rachet mumbled as he handed the boy his glasses.

Raf took them and set them in his lap. He stared at his hands and sniffed again. The doctor looked up and saw Bumblebee, he studied the young man for a moment before getting up and limping away.

The scout stood there for a moment and thought about what to say. He knew June was right. After a minute, he walked over and crouched in front of the boy. He didn't look up, and Bee gently ruffled his hair. The boy slowly looked up and smiled sadly. The scout searched the boys face as he looked at the black eye and bloody lip. He felt anger rise inside of him, and it must have shown on his face, because the boy looked down again. The scout gently lifted the boys head.

*Was it those boys from school?* he signed.

The boy studied his friend for a minute before answering. He nodded slowly and looked at his backpack that sat next to him. The scout looked inside and saw a smashed toy car. He sighed quietly and looked back at Raf.

*You can't let those jerks push you around like this.* He signed as he gently pinched his chin.

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Raf said feeling himself get angry. "I'm not like you Bee! You fight for everything!" He said his voice rising. "I just hack things..." He said hanging his head.

The scout glanced over at Rachet and looked at him for help. The doctor raised an eyebrow and as if to say 'what do you want me to do?' The young man sighed and turned back to the boy. He sat there quietly as he thought. A smile slowly crept up his face as an idea came to him. Still crouching he jumped back a little, and Raf looked up. The scout motioned for him to come closer. Slightly curious the boy put his glasses back on and stood up in front of his friend.

*Knock me down.* Bee signed. The scout put his hands out in front of him palms facing the boy. Raf put his fists up and punched lightly.

*Harder.* he signed. The boy narrowed his eyes and huffed.

"How is this supposed to help?" He grumbled and folded his arms. Bumblebee stared at him blankly for a moment. The scout lifted his chin and pointed to the scar that ran along his neck. Raf felt a shiver run through his body as he remembered how his guardian got the nasty scar.

*This is what happens when you can't defend yourself.* he signed giving him a serious look. The boy glanced at the scar again. *When you can fight back, you should always take that opportunity.* the scout put his hands back up.

*Knock me down.* he signed again. Raf took a deep breath and swung again. *Harder.* the boy hit his hand and grunted. *You hit like a girl* the scout signed and smirked.

*Put your shoulder into the swing, that way you have more power.* he touched the boys shoulder. Raf waited for him to be ready and punched harder. Bee rocked back but didn't fall. He smiled and ruffled the boys hair.

*Alright, now swing your hip and put your shoulder into it. That will give you more force behind your power.*

Raf furrowed his brow in concentration, and punched as the scout instructed. He heard a smack as his fist connected with the older mans hand. Bumblebee shook his hand and mouthed the word 'ow'. The boy beamed as he looked at his friend.

*That one hurt, good job!* he shook his hand again and put it back up. *Give me your best shot!* he smirked. Raf smiled and punched with all his might, he put his shoulder into it and shifted his hip. Bumblebees eyes grew wide as he lost his balance and fell back. Raf looked at him in surprise. Rachet chuckled quietly to himself as he watched them.

"Did I really knock you over?" He asked eyes wide. The scout smiled up at him, and the boy hugged him tightly around the neck.

"Thanks Bee, you're the best friend anyone could ask for." He whispered. The scout smiled and wrapped his arms around the boy.

~~~

The next day.

Bumblebee was helping Rachet with one of his projects. The scout accidentally dropped a glass vial full of some liquid. The doctor spun around eyes wide. The young man looked up at him and smiled nervously.

"BUMBLEBEE, I NEEDED THAT!!" He yelled angrily.

The scout shrugged apologetically, and picked up the broken glass. The doctor grumbled angrily and turned back to his project. Bee threw the glass away and looked over the doctors shoulder. Rachet grumbled again and told the scout he didn't need anymore help. He shrugged and walked towards the stairs. He suddenly heard someone running around the corner.

"BEE!! BEE!!" Raf called as he ran into the room. The scout ran down the stairs and the boy stopped just in front of him.

"I did it Bee! I did it!" He said excitedly. The scout looked down at him with confusion. "Those boys came by and wanted to take my new model car. I said no and they pushed me, but I punched him right in the nose! Just like you showed me!" He said as he punched the air a few times. Bumblebee smiled big, ruffled the boys hair, picked him up, and hugged him tightly. Raf wrapped his arms around his neck and squeezed gently.

"Thanks Bee." He whispered. Causing his friend to smile. Raf leaned back and his eyes widened.

"Can you teach me some more moves?" The boy asked happily. The scout grinned, nodded and put the boy on his shoulders. Raf talked to him excitedly as they walked out of the room. Bumblebee smiled to himself, he had been able to help the boy fight his battles after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After watching how Bumblebee fights in TFP, a thought occurred to me. What if Bumblebee taught Raf some moves? This story was born.

I love how Bee and Raf are best friends. :)