Chapter 19

Silas hung up the phone as his men finished explaining what had happened. They had also told him they were only a few minutes away. He smiled wickedly as he looked at the computer. It would all be over soon. He told his men to finish rounding up what they needed.

Rachet twisted the pin again, he was bound and determined to get free. Even though he wasn't sure what to do afterwards. He looked up again to make sure no one was watching. He grunted softly as he twisted again, it clicked and he smirked as he felt the cuff ease away from his skin.

"Well." He jumped slightly and looked up to see Jinx, arms folded and glaring down at him. "I knew you'd try something Old Man." She bent down and tightened the cuffs even more.

"Where's the pin?" She asked, he just glared in response. She grabbed the front of his shirt and slammed his back into the railing. "I don't have patience for this. Give it to me now, or I'll beat it out of you." She threatened.

He smirked but didn't say anything. Jinx got up and grabbed the pipe she had found earlier. She walked back to him but her uncle stopped her again. She glared up at him.

"You can do that later. I need you to try and crack the computer." Silas said. She was about to protest but he gave her a look. She grumbled and went to the computer.

A little later Rachet heard a truck come up the tunnel. He shifted uncomfortably so he could see it as the army truck stopped just by the stairs. Silas walked passed him and down to the truck. He spoke quietly with the driver as they walked to the back. Rachet heard the door open and the men speaking harshly to someone, telling them to get out. He heard someone grunt as they pushed the person to the front. The medics eyes widened as he saw Optimus come into view.

"Oh no....." the doctor mumbled to himself.

Optimus stopped when he saw his friend. One of the men shoved him forward. The leaders hands were bound in front of him, and there was blood all over his hands and clothes. The men tied Optimus to a chair, hands behind him and he glared at Silas as he approached.

"He wasn't too much trouble?" The villain asked.

"We had a little complication, but we fixed that." The other man responded. "We shot his partner and he tried to stop the bleeding, hence his hands. When we tried to get going he refused to come unless we brought them both. He's quite stubborn." The man grumbled. Silas watched as they brought the other man in and laid him on a berth.

"Is he still alive?" He asked.

"Ya....but not for long." The man replied. Silas walked over to Optimus as his men tied his feet to the chair legs.

"Let's see if you're more cooperative than the good doctor." He said as he stopped in front of him. Optimus just glared.

"Tell me the codes to get passed the security on your computer." Silas said.

The Autobot leader knew Rachet was the one that had encrypted the files. But he wasn't about to let them know that. He had seen how they treated his friend, and he was going to prevent anymore damage if possible. Silas grew impatient with the leaders silence.

"Answer me!" He yelled as he smacked him. Optimus clenched his jaw and continued to glare at him. The villain punched him a couple more times. Then grabbed his hair and yanked his head up.

"Your silence won't save anyone!" He seethed. The Autobot leader glared at him for a moment.

"If you want me to cooperate, you will make sure Bulkhead gets the medical attention that he needs." Optimus said sternly before going quiet again.

Silas let go and faced his men. "Rough him up, maybe then he'll talk." He growled.

Rachet looked away as the men advanced on his leader, he couldn't bear to watch. Silas walked up the stairs to the computer. The medic stuck out his leg and tripped the man. The villain crumpled to the floor, he looked back at him and growled angrily, the doctor simply glared back.

Silas got up and walked to the computer he looked at Jinx as he thought. He looked over at the berth and then back at the doctor. One of his men walked up.

"We won't get anything out of him." Silas mumbled. "Get me a number." He looked at the man that stood next to him.

"For who sir?" The man asked.

"Our good friend Mrs Darby. She'll come once she finds out their hurt." He responded.

~~~

June paced the room again, she sighed and plopped on the couch, waiting was so hard. The kids were worried and becoming restless. Agent Fowler was on the phone for the hundredth time talking to the government. They weren't sure what they were waiting for, but they couldn't just storm the base. Her phone started to ring, she looked at the caller ID but didn't recognize it. The phone continued to ring and all eyes were now on her. Hesitantly she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Mrs Darby, how are you?" She felt that she recognized the voice, but couldn't place it.

"Who is this?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"All in due time my dear. I just thought you should know that one of your Autobot friends is dying, if not already dead." June paled and the kids asked what was wrong. She put a finger to her lips to shush them.

"What do you want?" She asked as her heart beat faster.

"Try and save the man. That's all we ask." She had guessed by now that she was talking to Silas. "Just drive to the base, alone. We'll do the rest." The call ended and she looked at the others.

"I have to go to the base." Was all she said. The room went deadly silent.