Chapter 14

Miko sighed heavily as she tried to call Bulkhead for the hundredth time. She looked at the other two who had tried to call their guardians as well, but hadn't gotten through. They had attempted to call the base several times as well, but didn't have any luck.

"Where are they?" Raf asked as he looked down the empty street. "They're an hour and a half late." He looked at the ground with concern.

"Maybe they went on a mission." Jack mumbled.

"Rachet didn't.... I mean he can't." Raf said. "So why won't he answer?" He asked thoughtfully.

"If it wasn't so far I'd just walk." Miko grumbled. She looked at the other teen and smirked.

"Hey can your mom pick us up?" She asked. He just looked at her.

"I don't know, she hasn't been to the base.... in awhile." He said. "But I'll try calling her." He said as he hit a button and put the phone to his ear. After a moment she answered.

"Hey can you come pick us up?" He asked.

"Um.... sure. Why haven't the Autobots picked you up yet?" She asked.

"None of them are answering their phones and Rachet won't pick up the base line when we call." Jack explained. There was a long pause.

"Have you tried his personal phone?" She asked. Jack looked at the others slightly confused.

"Rachet has a personal phone?" He asked the others.

"Really? I didn't know that." Miko said and Raf shrugged.

"We don't have his number." Jack told his mom. There was another pause as she thought for a minute.

"Alright I'm on my way. I'll call him and see what's going on." June said. Jack narrowed his eyes.

"Wait, why do you have his number?" He asked suspiciously as he glared at nothing in particular.

"I'll be there soon." She said ignoring his question. Jack hung up and glared at the ground again. He hoped his mother was kidding about having the doctors number.

~~

Silas looked at the results of the of doctors blood and frowned. They had compared it to a sample of human blood, and Cybertronian. Which they had acquired through previous bots. The blood matched the humans, but had a slight trace of Cybertronian.

"This is quite interesting." He mumbled quietly, as he glanced over his shoulder at the prisoner. He took the sample and walked over to his scientists.

~~

Rachet drifted off to a restless sleep as the pain subsided. He was awakened by a beep and he looked over at the computer. He furrowed his brow as the men didn't even look, they had ignored every transmission that had attempted to come in. He strained his neck and looked up at the clock again. He realized it was the kids that had been trying to call for the past hour.

"Why do you keep looking at the clock?" Rachet looked back at the computer and saw Silas glaring at him. The man folded his arms and walked over.

"Are you waiting for someone to rescue you?" He asked. Rachet didn't respond, but continued to glare. He figured his silence might be the only weapon he had. For the moment.

"Is it that oaf of an Agent?" He asked as he crouched down. The doctor wanted so bad to hit him.

"Answer me!" He yelled impatiently. Rachet remained silent and Silas put a hand around his neck. The doctor just glared in defiance.

"He's waiting for the kids." The two men looked up at Jinx. "They come here after school each day, and he hasn't picked them up yet." She said smirking.

"We can fix that." Silas said as he stood up and walked to the computer. Jinx followed close behind.

"You two go down to the school and bring the children here." He said as he pointed to some men. "Maybe then we-" a phone started to ring.

Everyone started checking their pockets as it continued to echo through the base. Silas looked at Jinx who shrugged. After a few more rings it stopped. Everyone looked at each other with confusion. It started up again a minute later, and Silas looked at the doctor. He walked over and searched him.

"What the-?" The villain said as he pulled something out of the doctors jacket. "Why do you have a wrench in your pocket?" He mumbled to himself and he tossed the wrench. The doctor smirked ever so slightly.

"How did they get through?" He growled angrily as he found the phone. A smile spread across his face as he looked at the caller ID. He hit the answer button and pressed it against the doctors ear.

"Answer it." He hissed quietly. Rachet glared at him but remained silent.

"Hello?" The doctor recognized the voice, it was June. He didn't let Silas see his surprise.

"Answer it." The villain said more forcefully.

"Hello? Rachet?" The doctor refused to cooperate and kept his mouth shut. He thought out a plan as the villain pressed a gun to his head.

"Hello!" He heard the fear in her voice and knew what he needed to do.

"What is it?" He said, his voice rasper and harsher than he expected. He continued to glare at the villain as he spoke.

"Is everything okay? The kids weren't able to contact anyone." He heard the children talking in the background, and she shushed them.

"Tell her everything is alright, and you need her to come to the base immediately." Silas whispered. The doctor clenched his fists, and glowered at the man. He remained quiet as they glared at each other.

"Rachet, are you still there?" She asked and he could hear the concern in her voice.

"Do it." Silas mouthed as he glared. Rachet felt a chill run down his spine and he narrowed his eyes.

"Don't come to the base! MECH is here and they've taken over! The others are-" Silas punched the doctor in the face to silence him.

The villain stood up and stepped on the phone. He bent down, grabbed the doctor by the shirt, and yanked him up as far as he could go.

"You think your so clever and brave Doctor." Silas seethed as he glared at him.

"No..." Rachet said simply. "Just as useless as they come." He smirked. Silas glared and shoved him against the rail.

"Don't try to be a hero. It never ends well." He seethed.

He pushed him to the ground. The doctor winced as his back collided with the rail. Silas glared at him again before walking away. Pretty soon the others wandered back to what they were doing.

Rachet smirked to himself. Even though his body ached, it felt like he had won against them. He looked up at the computer again. Silas had been surprised when June was able to contact him. Maybe he could still get a message out to the team.

~~~

June had heard what sounded like someone getting hit and then the phone died. She thought someone else had spoken in the background, but she wasn't sure. The nurse tried calling again but it didn't even ring. She looked towards the base and glared. If MECH was there, it wouldn't be safe for them to go. But that also meant the Autobots were in trouble.

She looked at the kids for a minute then back towards the base. She clenched her fists and walked to the car. She didn't know how, but she was going to help the Autobots. She was going to devise a plan to rescue them from MECH.