Amazing Spaghetti

I lay in bed, staring at my ceiling. My mom was visiting my dad. It was a dull and rainy December day. I decided to ask my boyfriend to come over. I dialed his number.

“Hey, babe, I’m bored, can you come over?”

“Sure, I’ll be there in a bit.”

I loved Ryan. He had been my boyfriend since the end of sophomore year. We were now seniors. Before he had asked me out, we were best friends. I had known Ryan for my entire life, due to the fact that he lived on my street.

I threw some sweatpants over my soffes. I walked downstairs as soon as I heard the doorbell. I opened the door, finding a handsome man standing there, soaking wet. It was my Ryan. I covered my mouth as to not let him see that I was laughing at him. He rolled his eyes.

“At least I’m committed to visiting you; rain or shine.”

“That’s why I love you.” I pulled him inside and closed the door.

“So, you got bored, huh? Case of the rainy day blues?”

“Yup. Hey, I didn’t have dinner. Want to help me cook something up?”

“Sure. What do you want?”

“I don’t know. You choose.”

“Okay… how about spaghetti with meat sauce?”

“So Italian tonight. Sounds delish.”

Ryan went into my kitchen and started boiling the water. He got the spaghetti, tomato sauce, and ground beef out. I sat, watching TV, waiting for him. After ten minutes, I could smell the amazing aroma. I looked into the kitchen, where Ryan was topping the spaghetti with the meat sauce. He added some seasoning, and voila, dinner time. He came over to where I was sitting and told me “Dinner is served, Mademoiselle”. I smiled, then took his hand and walked to the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for me to sit in. I thanked him. We sat and ate.

“OMG, Ry, these are amazing!”

“Oh, haha. Thank you! It’s a secret family recipe.” He winked and laughed.

“Oh, really? Well, since I’m basically already part of your family, when will I learn the famous recipe?” I asked. I wanted him to propose at the end of our senior year.

Ryan blew a kiss and told me, “Whenever you come over, hon.”

“Okay, this is exciting! I’m going to learn how to make bad ass spaghetti!” I smiled widely. Ryan started laughing at me.

We finished eating, and I went over and sat on his lap. He kissed my cheek, and then laid his head on my shoulder. His arms were wrapped around my waist. I closed my eyes and embraced the moment.

Ryan breathed on my neck, and then kissed me. He picked me up and placed me on my couch.

“Haha, Sarah, you’ve got some sauce on the corner on your lip.” He pointed at my mouth. I reached over to wipe it off, but Ryan held my hand, “Nu-uh, I’ll get it”, he licked the sauce off. I started to giggle. It had tickled, and I was very ticklish, so I squirmed around. Ryan started laughing too, and then he pinned me down on my couch. He kissed my forehead, then the tip of my nose, then my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I felt Ryan’s hands around my waist. He glided them down into my jeans. I pulled him even closer, making it a hot make out session. I could feel him smiling.  I played with his hair, and then ran my cold fingertips down his neck onto his back. He shivered.

“How do you do that?” he asked.

“Do what?”

“Make me get the chills like that.”

“I… I have magical fingertips.” I giggled; he rolled his eyes. He started kissing my neck. Again, my ticklish reactions made me squirm around yelling, “HAHA, RYAN, STOP! THAT TICKL – HAHAHA – TICKLES ME!”. Ryan started laughing too.

“It would make it so much easier if you weren’t this ticklish.” He tickled my tummy. I laughed. Ryan kept tickling me, “I’m the tickle monster! I’ve come to take your soul away! Buahaha!” He yelled. I couldn’t breathe.

“Ryan!!! No! Stop – ahaha! NO!” I gasped for air, “I can’t breathe! HAHAHA!” Ryan stopped for a moment and let me breathe. I took a deep breath and said, “You asshole!” I started tickling him, and he laughed.

Ryan took both my hands away. He put my arms around his neck then he kissed me softly. He leaned his head into mine. I could feel his breath on my lips. My heart pounded. I truly loved Ryan with all my heart.

“I love you, Ryan”

“I love you too, Sarah.” He kissed me softly again. I smiled. I put myself on his lap, laid my head on his shoulder, and hugged him. He hugged me back and whispered in my ear, “I really do love you.”