Spring Formal

Bella's P.O.V.

Horrible.

Terrible.

These words could sum up today- specifically lunch.

Spring formal was coming up, and the girl's were ecstatic. It was girls ask the guys, and honestly, I was terrified of asking Edward. Tanya had been making goo goo eyes all day at him, but he has been oblivious so far. No doubt she would ask him and what would he say?

I didn't know.

When lunch came, our usual table was all taken up, except for one chair- Edward's chair. Naturally the table was full of girl's, who flipped their hair and fluttered their eyelashes as they laid eyes on Edward- my boyfriend!

Wow that felt weird to say.

I felt Edward quietly shudder beside me, before leading me to another table. The girl's followed.

"Hey Edward! Want to go to the dance and have some 'fun!' " Lauren called from across the cafeteria. He shook his head and I felt Lauren shoot daggers at the back of my head.

Several more declines later, we could finally eat in peace, but an awkward peace. Tension filled the air, and that was unusual. None of us really knew what do to.

"So....." Edward started awkwardly, running a hand through his silky bronze hair. "How are you liking the weather?"

I burst out laughing, making everyone's head turned to me but I couldn't care less. Was he really asking about the weather?

He joined my laugh, making us both seem like wackos, until everyone returned to their interrupted conversation.

After this, conversation flowed freely.

Until biology.

"Hi Bella!" came the voice of Mike Newton. I groaned, and felt Edward give an almost silent chuckle. I kicked his shin.

"Hi Mike," I said lamely.

"Can I talk to you in private?" he asked, referring to Edward.

Edward left without saying a word, his face an emotionless mask.

"Soooooo," Mike started nervously. "I um, well, you see" I cut him off.

"Look Mike, could you hurry up? I want to get back to my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"Will you go to the dance with me?" He rushed out.

"I thought it was girls choice."

"It is."

"Sorry but no, maybe you should ask Jessica. I think she wants to go with you." I said, then walked away.

I sat down next to Edward and we talked some more. For about three seconds.

"Bella!" Eric.

"Hi Eric," I said, trying to hide my irritation. Edward nodded at him.

"I was wondering of you would go with me? To the dance? This friday?" He inquired politely and hopefully.

"I'm sorry Eric, I'm not sure if I'm going," I told him sincerely.

I don't think Ill have the nerve to ask Edward and even of I do, what about dancing? I held a shudder back.

"Oh well, bye." Eric left then.

"Now could I talk to my girlfriend without being interrupted?" I heard Edward mutter under his breath.

"Hope so."

He grinned then kissed my cheek making me blush.

Class started then and we didn't have the chance to talk either. Not even at gym.