It took the girls over two hours to get ready. I was helping curl the last section of Yara's hair when the doorbell rang.

"Girls! Get down here now!" hissed Aunt Fatima. "Amira! Get in the basement!"

I could hear her open the door as I made my way down the steps and into the chilly dark space.

Zada, Iman, and Sahir greeted me with inquisitive looks.

"I don't know what to do," I admitted. "Should I go upstairs? What if Aunt Fatima kicks me out? What if he doesn't recognize me? Or, even worse, what if he sees me and he realizes that he made a terrible mistake?"

Zada hopped out of the shoebox and squeaked. She scurried over to the unmarked box I had hit my dress and remaining shoe in. Iman and Sahir followed. They all climbed on top of the box and squeaked loudly.

"Are you sure?" I asked them.

They nodded and raced back toward their shoebox.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the box and grabbed the shoe.

Just as I emerged from the basement stairs, I heard his voice. Butterflies invaded my stomach.

"I thought you said no one else was here?" he asked.

"Ah, um, ah, that's no one," Aunt Fatima said, clearly flustered.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer.

"Do not go in there!" demanded Aunt Fatima.

Ignoring her, he rounded the corner, with the shoe in his hands. He gasped. "It's you!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but the words refused to come.

He stepped forward and held the shoe in his hands next to the one in my own. "It's really you!"

Before I regained the ability to speak, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his body.

"ASHMIRA! That's who you were dancing with last night? Impossible!" sneered Yara. "She was here all night!"

"Covered in ash and cleaning the house," added Rima. "She's practically our maid."

The Ambassador's son grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. "I have been looking everywhere for you."

Aunt Fatima stormed into the kitchen. "Amira, is this true?"

"Yes," I admitted. "I went to the ball last night."

"And YOU were the one dancing with him all night?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, that was me." It felt good to admit the truth.

"GET OUT!" screamed my aunt. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE THIS INSTANCE! YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING FOR MY GIRLS! HE SHOULD HAVE PICKED ONE OF THEM! NOT YOU!"

My hands started to quake.

"Is there a problem here?" asked the Ambassador's son.

"She is to leave immediately. I never want to see her face again!" shouted Aunt Fatima.

"Kristoph, Jergen, can you please come here?"

A moment later, two large men in black suits rounded the corner.

"Can you please escort Amira while she collects her belongings. She will be staying in our guest house for the time being."

The men followed me downstairs and waited as I collected my few belongings.

The mice squeaked, startling Kristoph.

"Do you mind if I bring them too?" I asked in a meek voice. "They have been my only companions."

Jergen nodded. "That's fine."

I carefully gathered them into their shoebox and placed it next to the two suitcases I had brought to America with me. I made sure my mother's shoes, dress, and the letters were safely packed before declaring that I was done.

"That's it?" asked Jergen, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's all I have," I answered.

"Okay," said Kristoph. "Let's go."

As I left the house, the sounds of Yara and Rima wailing in anger rang out. Aunt Fatima refused to even look in my direction, as we pulled out of the driveway in a black Escalade.

"I can't believe you had to live like that," exclaimed the Ambassador's son. "They are the most retched people I have ever met."

"It has been difficult living with them. But they were all I had," I said quietly.

"I promise you that you will never have to go back there again," he said, looking deep into my eyes like he had the night before. "You are welcome to stay in our guest house for as long as your heart desires."

Tears filled my eyes. "You are truly are my Price Charming, you know that, right?"

He lifted my chin ever so slightly with his index finger and brushed his lips against mine. "And you are truly my Princess."

***********

Lovelies,

Oh my goodness! Isn't that the best ending for our Sweet Amira?!?! :) I'm so happy for her and the Ambassador's son! *insert happy tears*

Check out the epilogue for the final entry in Amira's story!

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. All votes and comments are über appreciated!

 All votes and comments are über appreciated!