one

ding

The tall boy took large strides into the small corner shop on the end of his road, going to the aisle furthest to the left and picking up the bright red bottle of 'Crush Cherry Soda™', before walking over to the counter and plonking the bottle down on the surface and looking up at the old man behind it.

"Anything else?" The man asked, pushing his glasses higher on his nose as he looked at the small price sticker.

"Three packs of Camel cigs please, " The curly haired said, pointing at the cigarette packets behind the small man.

"Cigarettes? Can I see some ID please? You may be tall but you have the face of a baby"

The tall boy pulled the small, plastic card out his pocket and placed it next to the bottle, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Well well we-"

"IM SO SORRY IM LATE!" A sudden voice said from behind the tall boy as he sprinted into the small shop and threw himself behind the counter. "IM REALLY SORRY! LET ME FINISH HERE!!" he finished while gently pushing the elderly man to the side and standing in front of the tall boy.

"Sorry about that! So Um, Cherry Soda and... an ID card? Wait is that alcohol? I'm so confused why did you have to show ID for Cherry Soda?"

"I didn't," the tall boy said, looking downwards at the boy across from him ", I want cigarettes"

"OH! SORRY! S..sorry, I didn't mean to shout. Which do you want?"

"Camel, three packets"

"Right okay," The short boy said, his eyes scanning across the rows of tobacco and cigarette packets ",aha found it!" he exclaimed, gathering three packets in his hands and smiling at the tall boy ", the packets get moved around a lot, I actually buy these as well"

"Well, congratulations. Can I have my shi- stuff now please?" The customer asked, a slight twitch taking place in his brow and an agitated aura radiating from his tall, slim frame.

"Yeah sorry sorry sorry sorry! That'll be £61.50 please"

"Cigarette and tobacco prices have really soared, ey kiddos?," The old man piped in from the side, his wrinkled face smiling slightly ", back in my days they were around £10"

"A tenner? Bloody hell" The tall one said, pulling the exact cash out his pocket and sliding it across the counter and picking his things up and shoving them under his arm, turning his body and walking out while saying a quick goodbye.

"Bye! Come back again!" The shorter said, turning to smile sheepishly at the old man.

--------------------

- ella