Chapter 2

How could I let this happen? Not being able to save grams... Now I'm going to die and become one of them while fighting for my life, leaving Ren by himself...

Aoba was really close to dying until he had heard a familiar voice that rung in his ears. "Hey! Get your shitty hands off of Aoba you undead meat sacks!" It was Koujaku, running up with a loud, angered yell and killing the creatures with two swings of his sword before they could sink their teeth in. "Koujaku! You idiot! You almost could've killed me along with them!" Aoba yelled and calmed a bit. "Though.. I should thank you for saving my ass..." The crimson eyed male was spooked for a minute and soon laughed.

"You're welcome. Now let's get out of here before we become lunch for whatever those things are. Wait minute, where's Tae-san?" Aoba nodded at Koujaku's suggestion, picking up his bag and then looks down with guilt. "She..didn't make it..." Koujaku's expression changed, full of rage and sadness, clenching his fists and wishing he had gotten there sooner. "Those....things had her...did they..?" Aoba nodded and wiped his face. There was no time to be talking about this at the moment of a crisis, he had to search for his brother.

"Koujaku, my brother Sei is out there. We need to find him." He pleaded, picking up his hand and holding it close. Koujaku was unsure about it and starts to question in his head. What if they're too late to find him and he's already turned into one of them? He didn't want to destroy the bluenette's faith in finding his brother and would do anything for his sake so he agrees to help him. "Alright but we have to be quick. Know where he might be?" Aoba nods once and starts sprinting quickly, Koujaku following behind.

The two had to lurk around and kill their way to where Sei was located but they're unlucky to find the entrance of the building swarmed by a group of many lifeless people wandering around. "Shit.." The bluenette whispered. "...There's no way we can get in if those things are walking around.." The taller male peeked out as well and came to agreeing with his friend. "We need some kind of distraction."

Supposedly Koujaku had an idea. "Aoba, I have a plan. Here, you're going to need this." He advises, giving Aoba his sword. "I'm going to create a distraction while you get in and find Sei." "Koujaku, are you stupid? What if you don't come back?" "Stop doubting that I won't cause I will." He chuckled out softly and pats his head before running out, clapping his hands loudly as he yelled to get the attention of the zombies.

"Heeeeeeey! Fresh meat! Get your fresh meat here!!" It seemed to have worked in Aoba's view and sees the undead follow Koujaku. Waiting for them to be completely gone, the bluenette rushes to the locked door. "Thank god he lent me his sword.." He then uses the large weapon to bash the door open and cautiously walks in. Ren provides light for Aoba since it was pretty dark. "Aoba, be careful..." "I will Ren..." They both spoke in a low voice.

Aoba had checked the checkout counter and seems to find nobody or the monster like creatures and loots out whatever he can find. He then heads for the hallway, checking every single room and then at the room Sei was in. Slowly opening it, he finds nothing and starts searching in case he finds Sei hiding.

"Sei..? Are you in here? It's me Aoba." He whispers and hears a small noise in the tall supply cabinet. Heading towards it he trips over something and lets out a loud yelp. Aoba looks over to see what it was and gasps and he backed up quickly to find a body laying there. It didn't seem to be alive and thankfully it wasn't his brother. Looking around, he notices bloody handprints on the wall, some smudged and led to the cabinet.

"Aoba, you don't know what's in there." Ren spoke out. "What if Sei's in there?" "What if it isn't? If Sei's in there he would've spoke by now. It's not worth risking your life." He has a point. Aoba had decided not to open it and looks around more, what he saw brought hope in his eyes. Walking over slowly, he finds his twin's fedora on the ground and damped in blood. The bluenette tears up as he picked it up, hugging it close to his chest as his voice cracked. "Sei...p-please be okay..."