Chapter 1

Life is pretty great when you have friends around, not having to worry about Toue's plans to control the island now that the tower was destroyed and all, saving Sei as well from the torment and is taking therapy. I myself am in my room. I could hope as much that Sei will get here sooner so that I am not by myself well... Not really by myself but with Ren. But knowing about how peaceful it is, it's really comforting and stress free. Or so I thought...

Aoba had been slowly pacing the width of his room and had some worries now and then about his twin brother Sei coming home safely and sat on the bed, turning on the T.V. to watch some daily programming. He cared deeply for his twin ever since he found out about it. Why them? Why him? Why Sei? Sei had gone through worse than Aoba had.

He sighs deeply and falls back on the bed as Ren had taken notice of his actions. "Aoba, are you alright?" The small dog asked. "Ah, I'm just worried about Sei. That's all." Ren couldn't understand really why Aoba should have worries about Sei and reassures him. "I'm positive in my mind that he is fine." "Thank you, Ren." The bluenette's hand reaches up to Ren who is sitting up and being cute as always, scratching the back of his head gently, using his index and thumb to get his ear.

The deep voiced allmate soon after a slightly quiet 30 minutes, had suddenly been noticing a message that read "Emergency Broadcast System" on it and notifies Aoba. His coil would play a jingle and he opens it but before he could be able to read it, his T.V. had went off, making a shrill alarm that had pained his ears. After it had stopped a male's voice is heard.

"The following message is not a test. This is your Emergency Broadcast System announcing that all residents should be advised to barricade any doors, windows and any way of entry. The bodies of the dead are attacking the living and do not attempt to approach or apprehend those bodies as they are considered extremely dangerous. Find any type of communication device such as a radio to communicate with us and stay tuned to any electrical device so that you will be provided the information about our communication. This program will now cease transmission."

After the message had been aired, Aoba's heart had stopped and quivered in fear. "Sei... He's still out there.. Ren, we have to find him!" He yelled out. "Right." They both quickly rushed down the stairs, soon getting down they spot Tae already blocking the back door. "Grams?" Tae looked over at Aoba who was already to go and just smiles at him as she walked over slowly.

"Aoba, listen. Go find Sei, I'll be alright." She spoke out a bit weak as she held her wrist. "But Grams, I can't leave you here defenseless." Before Tae could say anything, he had soon noticed an amount of red liquid seeping from her hand. Aoba was frightened and snatched her wrist and just as he assumed. She's bitten...

"Grams.. Why didn't you tell me?" He spoke, eyes filled in tears. Tae honestly thought Aoba wouldn't take notice and looked away with much sadness plastered on her face. Yet she still kept her smile that the male will cherish forever. Just as Tae was about to speak a loud bang was heard from the back door, moans and groans coming from it as well, Tae looking up at Aoba. "I'm sorry..." Was all she could say before opening the front door and shoving Aoba out, closing and locking the door.

The bluenette was shocked at her action and bangs at the door with all of his might, more tears running down his face. "Grams! Grams! No, let me in! I can help you! Grams!" It was too late now. The last thing he ever heard from her was the pained howls.

"Aoba! Look out!" Ren alarmed, causing Aoba to turn and stare at the horrifyingly torn face of an infected zombie lunge at him but dodged it quick. "What is that thing?!" The undead creature slowly limped towards him as another came up from behind him and clench his jacket, having Aoba panick and tugging away as he yelled, dropping his bag with Ren in it. "Aoba!"