Chapter 8

After a really long and irritated walk, Rebekah was ready to give up and wait for Veronica to come to them. As the blonde original took few more steps, she heard a familiar voice just above her head.

Using her vampire hearing, Rebekah looked up and could clearly make out the familiar soft voice.

It was Veronica.

Rebekah smiled to herself and turned to her right to enter the house. She saw a long corridor leading to multiple stairs. As she was walking up she realised there were more than 1 door. She stood in silence and smiled again when she heard Veronica's voice.

Rebekah reached the door she heard Veronica's voice and knocked lightly on it.

After few seconds, Veronica opened the door greeting the visitor with a smile. Her smile widen upon seeing that it was Rebekah.

"Hey. How did you find me?" The other blonde asked slightly confused and curious.

"I was walking around looking for you when I heard your voice." Rebekah answered, "may I come in?"

"Of course. Natasha? Could you let my friend in?" Veronica turned around and asked middle aged woman that stood behind her.

I Natasha smiled. "You can come in."

This allowed Rebekah to come inside. "How did you managed to get a house this fast?"

"You could say she's a good friend of my family. Whenever we come to Earth, we stay with her." Veronica simply answered as they walked into the living room.

"Does she know?"

"No." Veronica quickly shook her head. "She's been compelled on not to be too curious about our kind."

Rebekah nod before looking around the room. Small but cozy. She thought.

"So, what brings you here?" Veronica asked. It's not like she wasn't happy Rebekah came, however she knew her family enough to say that Rebekah didn't came just to hang out. She had questions and she wanted answers.

"I want you to explain to me why they want Hope's blood." She finally asked after a short moment of silence.

"Long after the magical creatures were created, we all thought everything was going perfect. However, then some bodies were missing. Not only on Earth but on Lamia as well. We weren't really that concern about the missing bodies on Earth because we thought it were people being evil, however when the exact same thing has been happening on Lamia we started to get concern.

A human couldn't possibly take down a vampire. After that, the king of Lamia send his right hand to investigate what was going on, on Earth. It turned out to be a small group of pureblood vampires who didn't like to go by the rules.

The king automatically called a meeting with the werewolves and witches. After a long meeting they have decided to create a council. If you're breaking the law they have the right to give you a punishment.

You've probably heard about the king Arthur and the knights of the round table?"

Rebekah only nod her head in confirmation.

"The table was actually create by the council. Each and individual one of them have their place on the table and to seal it they had to pure their blood on the table. There are holes in there that allows the blood to stay in a liquid form. But of course the people in the council change all the time so the witch casts the spell in order to replace the blood. However only the pureblood creatures are allowed to be part of the council which makes Hope automatically part of the council."

Suddenly, Natasha came with two cups of tea. Veronica smiled gratefully at her because honestly she was dying to drink some ever since she started explaining. She took a sip and moan in satisfaction. Rebekah looked at her oddly before also drinking the tea. It isn't anything special like whiskey but it will have to do.

"As I was saying before, there is a rumour going around Lamia that whoever drinks the council's blood and dies with it, he/she becomes something with God-like powers, in other words an angel. It is impossible for anyone to enter the council if you're not a council member. However since Hope is part of the council and the most vulnerable one as well, she will be an easy prey. So that's why I volunteered to come and help you out. You never know who will come in order to kidnap Hope."

Rebekah stayed quiet as she proceed the information. She believed her for some reason, however knowing Klaus he would do everything by himself and blame anything on Veronica if something will happen to Hope.