Ch3 - |Crybaby|

~~~~~~~~

You seem to replace
Your brain with your heart
You take things so hard
And then you fall apart

You try to explain
But before you can start
Those cry baby tears
Come out of the dark

~~~~~~~~

As fast as they had started, the classes have come to an end. Well, it can't really be called "classes" because it was mostly organizational things like giving us our textbooks and student e-handbooks. Just basic first-day-at-a-new-school things.

Most of the people from my class were already seperated into small groups of friends and were going somewhere after school. The same could go for me, but I rejected Sonia's invitation to go out with the rest of the girls saying that "I'm quite exhausted and I will probably head home real soon". Truth is, I just wasn't good at social interactions and preferred some alone time or a tiny group of entrusted friends. These people were still too new to me.

I decided to go to the the library, as I didn't have anything to read recently. When I was leaving the school building however, I felt somebody grab my wrist. I turned around. Of course, I knew it... It was Nagito. He was holding my hand and staring at me with this cute innocent look on his face that reminded me of a small puppy.

"...What is it?" I asked, unsure of how to feel. Nagito was staring at me the whole day in class and it was... kinda creepy. I knew that he was probably happy to see me again after all these years, but he didn't have to stare at me like that...

"W-would you... Would you like to go somehwere t-together? I mean... Uh..." he stuttered. Why was he stuttering like that? Well, things *were* kinda awkward between us... We've both grown up and forgot how to talk to each other. Children always have easier conversations.

Nagito let go of my hand, closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. He then placed that cute careless smile on his face and continued. "I was thinking that maybe we could sit down in a café and catch up with each other... or something like that. What do you think?"

What did I think? Maybe I didn't like meeting with people as I mentioned before, but this was Nagito. I was really curious about what happened to him during all those years we've been apart. "Yeah, that sounds good. I was going to the library and there's a small café next to it... How about that?" I smiled softly.

"Well... Yeah, let's go!" saying that, Nagito started to walk side by side with me, as we both headed in the direction of the library.

***

"...So that will be a chocolate cupcake with a small cappuccino for [YN] here, and some green tea and a fruit salad for me." Nagito finished making our order as we sat inside a small, cozy café, in one of a few quiet streets of the city. I tried to pay for myself, but he literally shoved the money back into my hands.

"Don't be ridiculous. I invited you here, so naturally I should be the one paying." he said calmly. "...Isn't that what people normally do in situations like that?" he asked this question to nobody in particular. I was kinda embarassed by him covering my bill, but I muttered a quiet "Thank you..." and gladly accepted the offer.

"So... Where do we start...?" he mumbled more to himself than to ask me and examined my figure. "Well... First off, you're... the Ultimate Astronomist, right?" Nagito grinned happily. "That doesn't strike me as surprising at all. You always loved watching the stars at the end of the day..." his eyes turned kinda dreamy as he remembered our childhood days.