"Are you sure?" Wonwoo asked, the corners of his lips twitching upwards in the tiniest smile.

"I'm glad we talked yesterday," Mingyu added, "don't be so hard on yourself, people are really missing out on conversations like this."

Wonwoo found it mildly hilarious that Mingyu would describe whatever the fuck this interaction was as a 'conversation', yet strangely flustered.

"I guess," came the reply.

"We need to hang out more," Mingyu continued, using a slender hand to move his hair from his eyes.

Wonwoo opened his mouth to say something but a loud 'hellOOOo' interrupted him halfway through as the entire BooSeokSoon squad took a seat around the two boys. Wonwoo didn't really know wether he was saved or annoyed.

Soonyoung leant over towards Wonwoo and wiggled his eyebrows while attempting at winking. "How are you two this fine day?"

"Pretty good," came Mingyu's reply, but was interrupted by Seokmin grabbing Wonwoo's shoulders and shaking him backwards and forwards.

"Wonwoo, I asked you to sit with us today!" Seokmin whined, a mock look of sadness forming on his face as he pulled his mouth into a pouting shape, "why would you leave me?"

"Seokmin got stood up by the emo kid," Seungkwan snorted, earning raucous laughter from both himself at his own joke and Soonyoung who seemed to find the whole thing hilarious.

"Hey, Wonwoo's loyal, he wouldn't stand me up," Mingyu contributed, flashing a grin at the shorter boy.

"I said I was busy today," Wonwoo explained but found himself again cut off by Soonyoung.

"Anyway, guys, Chan's mum went to Hong Kong and bought him back shitloads of egg tarts," Soonoung gushed, pulling about five from his hoodie pocket, "and I traded him eight egg tarts for a Michael Jackson poster."

"Oh, sweet," Mingyu said, snatching two from Soonyoung's grasp and tossing one of them over to Wonwoo.

"Hey, get your own," Seungkwan complained, snatching the tart back from Mingyu, "emo boy gets one because I talked to him in English. You," he pointed at Mingyu, "you sneezed on me two days ago so you don't get one."

At that moment Mingyu decided to stab Wonwoo at least fifty times in the chest by pulling the same mock sadness expression as Seokmin had a minute before, and managing to look like a fucking adorable puppy in need of just one egg tart from the three boys.

Wonwoo couldn't take the expression anymore and passed his to Mingyu. "I'm allergic," he lied, "you eat it."

"Wow, thanks," Mingyu gasped, "allergic to egg tarts, what a sad existence."

"Get a room," chipped in a widely grinning Seokmin, causing Mingyu to burst out into laughter and Wonwoo make eye contact with the table.

"Asshole," Mingyu laughed, roughly tearing the egg tart wrapper open and taking a bite. A sound of approval escaped his tart-full mouth. "Good shit," he laughed, making a noise of disgust come from Seungkwan.

"Please, that meme is old as fuck," Seungkwan said, placing a hand on his hip.

"Yeah, its dat boi now," Soonyoung snorted, causing Seokmin to double over in hoots of laughter, before choking out 'dat boo' in the midst of his hysteria.

Seungkwan flipped his fringe from his eyes and turned to Wonwoo. "You're lucky you don't have friends. Otherwise you need to put up with peasants like these everyday."

On that note, Seungkwan grabbed the 'Seok' and 'Soon' parts of his friendship groups by the collars of their jackets and pulled them away from the table.

"Thanks," Mingyu spoke up after a while, "that was cool of you."

"What was?" Wonwoo asked, still focusing his gaze on the table.

"I know you're not allergic to egg tart, I saw you eating one like last month," Mingyu explained, shoving the last of the tart into his mouth and smiling at Wonwoo with his mouth full, "so thanks."

"It's fine," Wonwoo said. He was honestly surprised that Mingyu had actually noticed him in the cafeteria, even noticed him at all, until he kind of had to notice him the day before, due to Chan being an ass and moving his seat. Wonwoo made a mental note to either thank Chan someday or to steal his pencilcase in revenge.

"Ignore Seungkwan, by the way," Mingyu spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

"I know it's pretty hard to ingore someone of that...loudness, but he's full of shit. You have friends, okay? You have me. Don't let him get to you."

Wonwoo was about to say that Boo Seungkwan didn't 'get to him' in any way shape or form because Wonwoo had learnt long ago that the boy literally never processed at all what came out of his mouth, and what he did process was pretty much all bullshit, but it finally sank in what Mingyu had just said.

"You...want to be friends...with me?" Wonwoo asked, breaking eye contact with the table and looking up at the boy in front of him.

"We already are, right?" Mingyu said, before laughing, "don't look so surprised." Wonwoo realised his mouth had been hanging open and shut it in a hurry of embarrassment.

"Friends," Wonwoo repeated under his breath.

Had he just been friendzoned or just gotten one step closer to actually dating Kim Mingyu? Frankly, he didn't give a shit.

Jeon Wonwoo had obtained his first friend, and it just so happened to be the boy he had a huge ass crush on. This was either going to be heaven or hell and Wonwoo braced himself to find out.