10

Let's deal with the task at hand; Do I like Kenny?

Sure. He's cool.

But do you like like him.

I guess.

Be honest, Paige.

Fine, yes.

Yes what?

Yes I do.

Yes you do what?

YES I DO LIKE KENNY!!!

Glad you can finally admit it.

I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. I had been back in the room for a couple hours and was now giving myself a pep talk before I confronted Kenny again.

I would tell him. I would.

One more deep breath and I nodded in approvement. I could do this.

I walked out of the bathroom and into mine and Kenny's room.

He was laying down on the bed wearing only basketball shorts. No shirt which revealed his six pack.

This is gonna be harder than I thought.

He had a pillow over his face, and didn't realize I came in. I formed a plan in my head. I crept to his side of the bed and prepared to shake him.

"Heya, Paige." he said, lifting the corner of the pillow.

"Aahh!" I screamed and almost fell back, but Kenny put an arm around my waist in one swift movement and swung me over to the bed.

"Did I scare you?" he had an adorable questioning look on his face.

I nodded.

"Awe," he pulled me into a hug, which I gladly accepted, "I'm sowwy Paigey-boo."

"It's otay," I nestled my head into his chest, letting myself be engulfed in his scent.

"So, you never answered my question," he trailed off, waiting for an answer.

"What was the question?" my heart began to pound rapidly in my chest.

He pulled back and looked me in the eye, "Do you like me too?"

"I-." oh, come on. Just say it! "Ye-." come on, Paige, "Y-yeeeee-ass?"

He gave me a weird look.

I coughed an tried again, "Yehass."

He smirked and started laughing, "Have you forgotten how to say 'yes?'"

I nodded.

"I'll teach you." He smiled as he sat me down on the bed next to him, "Ye."

"Ye." I repeated.

"Ssss."

"Ssss."

"Now put them together. Ye-ssss."

"Ye-ssss.

"Again."

"Yessss."

"Again."

"Yess."

"One more time."

"Yes."

He smiled a huge smile and gave me another giant hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back.

*

I looked at the modern, digital clock on the nightstand; 1:37 AM.

Ugh.

I looked to my right and saw Kenny burrowing his face into the back of my neck. His arms were around my waist and he snored in my ear. His breath smelled... bad. I'm not gonna sugar-coat it cuz it smelled bad.

Knowing sleep wasn't an option, I detached his arms from me and sat up. Slowly, I lifted myself off the bed. Once I was up, I grabbed my sneakers, wallet, and phone and snuck out the door.

I remembered seeing a mini-mart sort of thing in the lobby, and decided to see if it was still open. Luckily, it was. I bought two boxes of SweetTarts®, two boxes of Nerds®, and a bottle of Sprite®.

Five dollars later, I hopped on the elevator and began to make my way up to the tenth floor, where my room was. I got off and began walking down the hall, only to be stopped by her.

Her obviously bleached hair was messy and her makeup was smeared. She wore the same clothes she wore earlier, and carried her shoes. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Hope Valentina.

"Seems to me you had a lovely night," I gestured to her look.

"It's none of your business, bitch." she spat.

"Okay," I shrugged and started to walk past her, but she called after me.

"Don't get too smug! You two wouldn't last!"

"You would know, wouldn't you?" I walked backwards and looked at her as I talked.

Turning back around I began to round the corner, "I hope you get fat with all that junk!" her voice was desperate.

Without a care, I gave her the finger and smiled as I heard her gasp.

At least I can eat what I want without having surgery like you, I thought.

I opened the door to find Kenny in the kitchen.

"You okay?" I whispered.

He jumped, "I am now," he turned and faced me.

Once he did I burst out laughing. He had blue moon ice cream all over his mouth, and was holding the tub in one hand with a spoon in the other.

"What?" he asked as I fell onto the floor, spilling my stash.

"Y-your fa-face!" I laughed.

"What about it?" he looked confused.

I slowly stood up and grabbed a wad of paper towels. After running them under cold water i turned to face him. I began to wipe his face off like a baby, still laughing.

"Where were you?" he asked. I still had the towel over his mouth so it sounded more like, "Wah wah dju?"

"I couldn't sleep so I ran down to the lobby and grabbed some snacks." I threw the towel away and grabbed my candy.

"You gonna share that?" Kenny whispered in my ear as he set his hands on my waist.

"Hmmm, let me think," I whispered in his ear as I touched his cheek, "Nope." With that, I ran to our room.

I jumped onto the bed and turned the TV on. I changed the channel to SpongeBob and began my marathon.

Kenny stood in the doorway and stared at me.

"What?" I said with a mouth full of Nerds®.

He just shook his head and smiled. He climbed into bed next to me and watched the TV like a little kid.

I forgot he was next to me and sung along to my favorite part in a manly voice, "Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza yea-ha for you and meee-heeee!"

I suddenly remembered his presence when I heard him start cracking up.

"Don't judge me," I laughed along with him.

"I'm not," he assured me as he caught his breath.

I caught my breath too as I looked over to see him staring at me, smiling. He didn't say anything, he just took my candy box out of my hand and set it aside. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, and finally, he kissed me.

And I kissed him back.