7

"I am handing out permission slips for our class trip to mock battles in Port Huron, Michigan." my social studies teacher rambled on, "We will be leaving November 10 and returning November 16. We will be spending the week in hotels, and yes, you may have boy-girl rooms. No sexual acts, even though you are all of legal age."

I groaned. Did she have to add that?

"I expect these to be filled out and returned to me by tomorrow." she continued, "If I don't receive one, then you will not be attending."

I glanced at the paper she had dropped on my desk. Up to five people per room, and $150 to cover transportation and housing costs.

It sounded cool. Apparently there was going to be an entire camp out in a park, everything themed 1800s-style. Yep, I was definitely going.

*

"Dad!" I whined, "Why can't I go? It's educational!"

"No, Paige, I don't like the idea of you wandering aimlessly around a park without supervision and having boys in your room."

I slumped down in my chair. I was currently eating dinner which Melinda had cooked for us. She was actually sitting to my left, and I really wished she would take my side in this.

As if she could read my mind, she turned to my dad, "Paul, just let her go. It's high school! An experience like this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing!"

My dad sighed, and I smiled, there was no way he could say no to Melinda.

"Fine," he wiped his face, "you can go."

"Yay! Thanks daddy!" I gave him a quick hug and ran upstairs to tell Trevor the news.

*

As expected, he was elated.

"I know who will be in our room, you, me, Sophia, Danny, and Kenny!" he squealed like a girl.

"Uhm, Trev, you've had way too much time to think about this."

"Only seventeen years, if you include the nine months I was in my mother's womb." I could hear his shrug.

I buried my face in my hands, "Thanks for the lovely mental picture!"

"Anytime!" he chirped. I hear someone talking on the other end, "Ugh, coming mom! I gotta go to counseling now. It has been three years since I came out to them and they are still trying to turn me straight. Wish me luck,"

And with that I heard the three consecutive beeps that meant the call had ended.

Classic Trevor.

______________________________
A/N
______________________________
Hey guys so short chapter, I know, but the next will be a long one, I promise.

Contest:

Comment a ship name for your favorite couple/should be a couple in this book.

I will choose two comments and those two will be able to name two characters that I will add into this book as a relationship.

(I honestly would like to add some more love into this book other than Hope and Kenny)

Start commenting! Vote and follow me for more!

Love you all,

~Hannah~