"I'll be there in... 5- 10- 15? 15 minutes. I promise, Y/N."

He repeated his promise. You nodded, lips twitching into a straight line. You glanced at the cake, fanning it at the same time.

"Bye, Y/N."

Dipper said, unusually quick, ending the phone after. You didn't even said goodbye.

●●

You sighed and looked at the phone clock. 9:10 pm...

You were here 7: 30 pm ago and still no Dipper. You played phone games, entertaining yourself and the waiter also suggested that you need to eat since it's already 2 hours and they know that you're super hungry right now, but you declined. You were waiting for your best friend.

You also planned to confess tonight.

But, sadly, you can't.

You sighed again, before your friend-- the manager of the restaurant-- approached you.

"Y/N. You need to eat." She begged for the 4th time. You shook your head, not bothering to look up at her.

"I need to wait for--"

"I don't care!" She snapped, which made you look at her this time. "You're gonna get sick and I don't want that to happen to you." She calmed down.

You did nothing, but the sound of grumbling from your stomach made the manager frown. "Here." She handed you your's and Dipper's favorite food to order there. You stared at the dish, before digging in.

●●

You burped quietly, indicating that you were so full. All that you ate were free, on the house according to your manager friend.

And still no Dipper.

You checked your phone again. 10:20.

You frowned more. Dipper didn't come.

Suddenly, fatigue took over your whole body from being so full. You yawned (admit it, you yawned after you read the word. 😂). I guess a nap wouldn't be bad.

You crossed your arms and placed it over the table and let your head fall onto it. You closed your eyes.

The cake was still untouched and uneaten.

●●

"Y/N. Oi, Y/N. Wake up!" Someone shook your shoulder, you slowly opened your eyes. The lights were off except for your table. You saw your friend, shaking you awake with a bag on her shoulder. She was concerned. You looked across your chair.

Empty.

"I'm closing up, want to come with?"

You shook your head. "No. I'm going to stay here. I'll come out eventually. Give me the keys." You demanded lazily, while showing your hand.

●●

You closed the restaurant at 3 am, still lifting your cake.

You came across a trash can. You furrowed your eyebrows and furiously attempting to stuff the cake inside.

But, you didn't.

Before you went home, you saw a glimpse of the Pines' household. You racewalked towards the front of the door and left the cake over their doormat.

You sighed and looked at the cake. It's slightly smudged but you didn't care. It was for nothing, anyways.

●●