Chapter 13: Oh No?

The next morning, you woke up with pillows surrounding you. You stretched and yawned. As you did, you tried to remember what happened last night.

The makeover, the movies...

Your eyes widened. Your posture suddenly became straighter when you remembered what you heard from Dipper.

"I like you, Y/N."

You then blushed like crazy.

You were happy, so happy. He likes you back!

But, wait. Your subconscience spoke, as if trying to tell you something. What if he is only using you as a rebound? Mabel told him that she has a list of rebound crushes. What if you were in her list?

Before thinking of anything else, you got up from the sofa and went to your room. You brought the essentials to the bathroom, eager to get refreshed, hopefully to throw the thoughts away.

You brushed your hair. Maybe I didn't hear it correctly? I was half asleep, after all.

"Good morning," you greeted the old codger, the bubbly girl, and your adorable crush. You tried to act cool and normal, but the thought still haven't left your mind. Dipper freaking told you he likes you! "Pancakes? Yum!" You said out of nowhere, making a fool of yourself.

Mabel only noticed your uneasiness. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine! Totally." You laughed as you easily dodged the question by sitting down and quickly munching the food. Mabel will take the sign that you are busy eating, so she won't bother you.

Stan left a message as he headed to the bathroom. "Sheesh. You're just as worst as Dipper. The kid was sweating all morning."

You turned your head to the said boy, your eyebrows raising. He was sweating bullets. He was avoiding your gaze as he silently ate his own plate of pancakes.

The room was quiet. Too quiet.

You glanced at Mabel, hoping for some kind of explanation, but she was surprisingly reading a magazine. Wow. Mabel, reading?

Eventually, Dipper broke the silence by lifting his plate up and placed it in the sink. He was looking everywhere but in your direction as he sprinted to the exit.

When he was finally gone, you leaned close to the other brunette, who had her nose close to the colorful pages of the silky magazine. "Okay, speak up. Why is he avoiding me?"

"I don't know," she said, shrugging. "I'm really sensing some tension here." Mabel smirked as she laid the papers down. "Did something happen last night?"

Your cheeks turned red. "No! Ugh, Mabel."

Mabel narrowed her eyes. "Huh. Thought something would."

"Why would you think so?"

She sighed. "Y/N, as much as I love you right now, I can't tell you."

"Why not?!" You pleaded, lightly slapping the table.

"Because! I wanted this to be special for you, and I don't want to spoil it!"