Chapter 8

Two weeks have past and today's my doctor's appointment. Alaska took the day off work to come with me. We drove to the clinic and walked in. I sat down filling out paperwork.

The doctor called me back after 15 minutes of waiting.

"Hello Rose, how are you today?"

"Nervous."

"There is no reason to be. Now im going to put some gell onto your stomach. It going to be a bit cold."

Dr. Stevens moved the ultrasound device around my stomach. Then we heard beating noises.

"So it seems you are two weeks pregnant with twins."

I looked over at Alaska and Ava and started to cry. Ava leaned in her mother's arms and hugged me.

"Now you'll be due in October and you'll be able to find out the sex of your babies in 2-3 months if you so wish."

We thanked the doctor and drove to our home. It makes me so happy to call it 'our home.' I love waking up to Alaska every morning and making her and Ava breakfast. I love taking Ava to kindergarten and then pivking her up. I love my family. I love Alaska. I just dont know if I want to tell her.

When we got home Ava ran to her room. Alaska and I went to sot on the couch.

"I'm having twins, I cant believe it."

"I know right now it's scary but when you finally get to hold your children, everything becomes right in the world. "

"Mama!"

We turned to look at Ava in question. She only ever calls Alaska mommy.

"What Ava," Alaska asks.

"Not you, Mommy. I want Mama."

I ask her who mama is.

"You."

I start to cry and look at Alaska with question if we should correct her or not. Alaska has tears in her eyes.

She sees my face and says, "up to you babe."

I grab Ava and put her on my lap. "Yup Ava, I'm your Mama."

Ava giggles, "I'm going to be a big sister. I'm going to be the best!"

I smile at her, "I love you Little One."

"I love you too, Mama. And I know Mommy does too. She told me."

I look at Alaska and she freezes. "I love your Mommy too."

Alaska smiles and leans over and kisses my lips. Ava screeches making us pull apart. "No." Alaska and I laugh at her.

"Can we name Baby 1, Carrots and Baby 2, Ranch?"

"What? Why?"

"I love carrots with ranch. And I love my Mama's babies."

I just kiss her head, while Alaska shakes her head with a smile on her face.

I know it was short and lame. I have writer's block. I just figured some fluff would do. Sorry for how it turned out. Please. Vote and leave a comment. I like feedback. It'll help me with my writing. Have a good life y'all.