1.5

Midnight.

The King had awoken to the sound of his wife's scream. When he jolted out of bed, he found his wife on the floor, bleeding from her neck. Not a second later, he saw, from the corner of his eye, a dark figure jump out of the window. The king yelled for his guards and demanded them to find the man that took his queen's life.

The king's 13-year-old child, Evan, had heard his father's cry for revenge. Wanting to show his father that he was brave and strong, the prince left the castle. He had used the vines that had started to grow outside of his window when he was born. Evan didn't understand why, but he felt as if he knew exactly where his mother's killer was - in the towns center.

When Evan had arrived, he saw a mysterious man. Curious (and forgetting about the killer), Evan walked towards the mystery man. Upon closer inspection, he could see that the mystery man was just another boy. This just caused to him to become more curious. Questions were running through Evan's head. 'Why was this boy out so late?' 'Did he see the killer?' 'Is he the killer?' 'Does he know the killer?'

The question that seemed to stand out the most was, 'Who is he?'
Having enough courage, Evan spoke out.

"Who are you?" He asked the mystery boy.

"I believe that the real question us who are you?"

"I'm Evan, and you are?..."

"Jonathan. Jon for short."

"Oh, okay cool. Can I-"

"Sorry Evan, I have to go. You should too. It's not safe out here - especially on a full moon, okay? Just... stay inside at night..."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just dangerous to be out right now."

"Okay. Can I talk to you again?"

"I'll talk to you as soon as I can, I promise."

And with that, Evan and Jonathan went their separate ways.

---

Jon couldn't quite get it. He didn't understand why he was unable to just bite Evan. He just felt as if Evan was too... innocent. Too... pure and unaware of the dangers of the night. He didn't understand why, but he wanted to see Evan again - even if it was forbidden by his father. So, as promised, Jonathan would see Evan again.
And it was the start of something great.