Names & Ways to start a story

I just wanted to squeeze in two things in one chapter, because I feel like I'm annoying y'all with my updates. (Thanks for 1k reads by the way.)

Please don't be basic, and use a different goddamn name for your characters.

There are websites that give you a list of baby names from A-Z.

Overused Girl Names:
Alexia
Alexis
Alex
Aliyah
Makayla
Maria
Marie

Also please, be realistic and don't make one of your characters use a name that someone has already. It's really dumb.

I also hate reading stories about a girl named Alexis/Alexia. Is that the only name you can think about? Does she always have to be a blonde with blue eyes? Does she always have to end up marrying Dean Ambrose? Are the names Alexis/Alexia the only names available to you?

Just to get your creative juices flowing, here are a few websites where you can find other names besides Alexis/Alexia:

http://m.babynames.com/index.php

http://www.babble.com/baby-names/

http://www.parents.com/baby-names/

Use those websites to your advantage.

Heck, even the name Shabooboo is better than the name Alexis.

Let's move on now.

I also wanted to talk about the many ways you could start your story. But before I do, here are some ways you shouldn't start your story:

Name: Bon Qui Qui Marie
Age: 24
Race: Mexican/Black
Background Info: Bon Qui Qui was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. When she was only 4 years of age, her parents divorced and she lived with her father. That has shaped who she is today.
Best Friends: AJ Lee & Layla (She's always friends with people who don't even work here anymore.)
Friends: Dean Ambrose, Naomi, and Becky Lynch.
Enemies: Seth Rollins, Dana Brooke, and Charlotte.

Okay, there are many things wrong with beginning a story this way. First off, we don't get any information about how long she's been here and her past accomplishments.

Second, she's always friends with AJ Lee, despite the fact that she no longer works here.

I could go on and on about the many things that are wrong with beginning a story like this, but we must move on.

I stood in the gorilla, waiting for my cue. I was finally making my long waited debut tonight against Paige.

I was really nervous and couldn't stop shaking. "Are you ready?" My best friend, Dean Ambrose, asked. "Yeah, but I'm kinda nervous." I responded.

Hold up, did you ever go to NXT before awaiting your "long waited debut"? If you were own at NXT, how on earth did you meet Dean? Why is Dean always friends with the new girls?

If I even encounter a story that begins this way, I stop reading it almost immediately.

Hi! My name is Sharqueffa La-Sha Monreau and I'm 28 years old! I'm a former mix marshal artist and I used to work for UFC! I don't know my parents, because they put me up for adoption the minute I was born...blah blah blah.

Why? Why do some of y'all choose to begin a story this way? Why does something tragic always happen your character's parents?

Does putting something tragic in the first chapter make me pity the main character? No, it makes me despise the main character and I haven't even got deep into the book.

Sometimes when writing Fanfiction, you need to make yourself stand out and you also need to be unique.

I'm not good at writing first chapters either, however I do read a ton of books that start off properly.

If you want to read stories that are A1, check out -MammaMia- and Bloodsen

I'm still catching up on some of Violet's stories, and I've read all of Mia's. So go check 'em out, you won't be disappointed.