Chapter Twenty-Six

A few weeks went by, and slowly Severus started to get used to the idea that we had a daughter together. However it was apparent that things were becoming increasingly difficult for him. He would have to leave our private dinners early to do some business that no one could know about. It was strange, yet somewhat familiar to how he reacted when I was here the last time and the dark lord was breathing down his neck.

I was walking the halls one afternoon when I saw him enter the corridor in front of me.

"Severus!" I called to his back. In hearing my voice call his name, his pace slowed. "Where are you heading to in such a hurry?" I questioned as I peeked up at him.

"Just to grade some papers... would you care to help? You were always quite a good marker, harsh but fair." He said, his lips turning up into a slight smile.

"Sure, and maybe we can talk whilst we work as well." I said as he led the way down to the dungeons and to his office.

"About anything in particular?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. You've been distant Severus, just like you were when he was in your life all those years ago." I said as he pushed open his office door. "Severus, are you spying on him again?" I questioned.

"Something like that." He sighed as he abandoned the papers that he said we would be marking and walked over to his armchair.

"Severus, you can tell me. I love you, I would never do anything that would put you in any harm." I said as I knelt in front of him.

"I know, I just can't put you or Leona in this situation. Not again, not now." He sighed as he rubbed his tired face.

"Yes you can." I demanded. "Severus, I may be able to help." I reasoned, he must of known by now that I would do anything for him, if I thought that it would help at all.

"Alright." He sighed as he started to explain what he was tasked with.

He explained everything to me, he explained how Albus was cursed and would soon die from it and how Draco Malfoy was tasked with killing his headmaster and that Severus made an unbreakable vow to protect the young boy. And finally he explained that Albus has pleaded with Severus to do the deed instead of Draco.

And that was the point that I broke down into tears. Severus would have to kill a man that he has admired and trusted for years in order to protect Draco Malfoy. Severus will be branded a murderer and banished from the castle.

"I hope you realise that you will have myself and Leona with you always. You can not expect us to stay here at a castle where people will hate us." I explained as I saw him start to protest.

"I don't want you or Leona to have to give up your lives in order to be with me."

"I can only speak for myself but, Severus, there is no life for me without you. If Leona wants to stay here that is her own choice, but I will be coming with you." I argued. And as he looked at me, unwavering from my decision I kissed him. I kissed him long and hard as if it would prove to him how much he meant to me.

"Okay, but we tell Leona about this together. Over dinner, tonight." He decided, I just nodded. I would give this man whatever he asked for.

"Deal, just don't shut me out again." I agreed.

And that night we told Leona of what was going to happen, whilst explaining a little of Severus' past. She decided that she wanted to be with her family.

A week later Severus was heading towards the astronomy tower where Draco would be explaining to Dumbledore that he had to kill him, whilst I transformed myself into the blonde witch that Voldemort and all of his followers knew me as.

We met Severus at the edge of the forest where he was accompanied by Draco, Bellatrix and the werewolf Fenrir Greyback. His face was downcast as was Draco's but Bellatrix's and Fenrir's face was full of glee.

"Come crawling back I see Willow." Bellatrix hissed at me.

"My daughter is a student at Hogwarts Bella, I would not let her carry on there whilst her father is chased down for being a murderer." I hissed back at her.

"I thought your mother was Erin, the school nurse?" Draco asked Leona, confused.

"She's my aunt. My mother asked her to pretend to be my mother to keep her identity and presence a secret." Leona said, repeating what Severus and I had told her to say. No one must know that I was the shapeshifter that Voldemort was searching for for so many years. But when the time came, I knew that I would fight against him. I just hoped that Leona would as well.