Midnight Messages

Start from the beginning

"Now I know that you have nothing better to do," she simply typed, with a small smile on her face.

"Els did you do that to me on purpose?" Jack replied, happy Elsa came back from the dead, a little angered that she ignored him for a minute or three.

"I just wanted to sleep, Frost," the next text she sent read. With that, Jack smirked slightly, knowing well that he's won this one since Elsa was, in fact, replying.

"You can do that at school," Jack typed. Reading the text, Elsa can't help but sigh and shake her head a little.

"I'm not a slacker like you," she sent adding a little frowning purple devil emoji.

"Maybe you should work on it," was Jack's reply to her message, knowing full well that she could never ever let her good record go downhill.

Elsa couldn't help but laugh at that one, smiling as she replied, "Lol you wish."

"Since when did you start saying lol?" was what he texted back, which made Elsa actually facepalm this time. It may have hurt, but Jack's stupid antics forced her to.

She still replied to the boy, though, "What, so I can't say lol now?"

"You hate shortcuts," Jack sent, remembering the time he spammed her with internet lingo and she didn't seem to catch on.

"When you use them, I do, indeed," she teased, making Jack sigh while he lay underneath a soft wool blanket that protected him from the chilly weather.

"Thanks," was all Jack had managed to send before he heard his door creak. Out of curiosity, he got out from under the sheets, checking the time on his phone quickly.

It was fifteen minutes past twelve and yet someone seemed to be checking up on him. Weird, he thought.

The lights from the hallway shone into his bedroom, and a short figure slipped inside, closing the door as gently as possible. As soon as Jack recognized who it was, he relaxed.

"Emma, what are you doing up so late?" he asked in merely a whisper, somehow afraid that his mom and dad will hear.

"I couldn't sleep," she said with a cute little pout that made Jack chuckle to himself.

"Me too," he said to his sister, before opening one lazy arm as an invitation for her to join him in his bed.

Emma smiled at her older brother before jumping onto his bed, into his arms, resting her head on his chest. He pulled the covers over the two of them, staring at his little sister with a small smile on his face.

Suddenly his phone vibrated and beeped, echoing in the quiet room, and he suddenly remembered that he was talking to Elsa.

"Who is that?" Emma asked, turning her gaze towards her brother, sitting up and waiting for an answer.

"Elsa," he said in reply, before checking the text messages that she sent.

"You're welcome :)"

"Hey Frosty, are you still there?"

"Don't tell me you decide to sleep now."

"If you think it's funny to wake me up then suddenly go to sleep, leaving me hanging here, you're so wrong."

"I think I really do hate you."