2 || Cute

"I miss going to bed with
absolutely nothing on my mind."
- anonymous

" - anonymous

______

[Desirae]

              AS SOON AS I WALKED into the high school after Ms. Landfills dropped me off, everyone started staring.

Not sure if it was because of my looks or because I was fresh meat, I pressed my lips together and continued on through the halls, trying desperately to find the office so I could be rid of these sweaty pits and over perfumed peers.

Using my blonde hair as a curtain from everyone else, I felt my throat start to well as I stood in the middle of the hall, probably looking like an idiot under the gaze of everyone else.

Go find someone to take you there. The soothing voice in my head whispered.

Nodding, I surveyed the kids around me, trying to find one of them that looked like they would actually care enough to help me, not flirt with me. It's been two months since I decided to change.

I had to join school about 1/3 way through the semester, so I shouldn't have missed that much.

Finally, I spotted a group of three that looked pretty nice. There was a girl with dark skin and curly dark hair, a boy with brown hair and white skin, and another boy with dirty blond hair and peach skin who, might I say, was pretty cute.

Taking a deep breath, I shook my nerves away and made my way forward just as the guy with brown hair left holding what looked to be a silver bucket. The cute one was taller than the girl, I noticed this when I neared them as they were talking.

I cleared my throat once I was in front of them to get their attention. They turned their heads to me, and I noticed that the color of the cute one's eyes were a dark brown. Cute.

"Umm, hi. I'm new here and I was hoping to find the office. Could one of you guys take me there?" I said awkwardly, losing my focus due to the cute one staring at me.

The girl nodded. "Sure. My name's Charlotte, and this is..." She looked over at the cute one who's gaze never had left me, I just now noticed.

He was just staring with his mouth moving, not making any noise. This went on until Charlotte elbowed him. "Henry!" He basically shouted. "My name is Henry."

Smiling, despite the awkwardness, I told them my name just to be polite. "Desirae."

Charlotte and Henry nodded, leading me along the hallways until they showed me the office. I thanked them and walked inside the surprisingly small office, going up to a lady with gray hair matted to her head with a droopy flower pin and very serious looking glasses perched upon her nose.