Epilogue

"Oliver? Thank God you're alive!"

Black Canary stood at Oliver's bedside, with bags under her eyes. It was obvious she hadn't slept in a while.

"Wha-what happened?" Oliver asked glumly. He had just watched one of his newfound best friends descend in to Hell, literally.

"When we were going after Deathstroke, some weird merecenary guy killed you and said he was "doing Death a favor." Dinah told him.

"So... when Slade said 'why are YOU here?' he was talking to my attacker?" Oliver realized.

"Yeah, and here's the crazy part. The guy called Slade his brother! He had a weird name too... I think it was-"

"Deadpool." Oliver finished.

Natasha Romanoff tried to speak through the tears. She talked about how Clint, or Hawkeye to the general public, had saved her life the very first time they met. He was supposed to kill her, but he made a different call.

The world was a better place. The Ultimates had confirmed that Thanos and Galactus were nowhere to be found. One day, they were just gone.

"When we find whoever did that, I want to buy them a beer and call them the best hero ever." Tony Stark promised.

The Avengers held a nice funeral for Clint, but eventually moved on to bigger and better things. 

After a few months, nobody remembered Hawkeye.

Nobody but Timmy, the kid who was deaf, who wanted to be just like Hawkeye.

And after Kate Bishop retired 20 years later, Timmy perfected his archery. Timmy put on the purple mask.

Timmy made sure the world never forgot about Hawkeye.

AUTHORS NOTE

I just want to thank everyone who read every chapter of this story and stayed committed  every week and anxiously awaited a new chapter. I have really really enjoyed writing this series and I think it brought out sides in Clint and Oliver that people have never seen before. Maybe after reading this story, these two great archers will gain a little more respect. God (and Death) knows they deserve it.