Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

“He’s never mentioned a girlfriend before,” one reporter said to Chloe. “Why the sudden openness?” 

“It was a secret,” she replied simply, “but now it’s not, so why not let everyone know? Besides, we’re in love. We want to tell everyone!” 

Wait… 

Oh, no. 

This was bad. This was beyond bad. If I thought Chloe’s going to the press was bad, then what would I call what was to follow? 

See, there was one other thing I hadn’t considered. Christian, being the gorgeous and charming celebrity that he was, was a player, and a big one at that. He was just a total player. Girls flocked to him like he was a magnet. And in a way, he was. He was a total chick magnet. 

Of course, I already knew this. I wasn’t naive, after all. Everyone knew this. But I hadn’t thought of what this meant concerning my actions. 

 In all likelihood, Christian probably had multiple “girlfriends”. And “girlfriends” was probably too nice of a word, too loose of a term. They were most likely more like “hoes” or “friends with benefits”. I really couldn’t see Christian settling down with any one girl and calling her his official girlfriend. 

So because he was probably involved with more girls than just Chloe, I could sense disaster brewing. Now that Chloe was out in the open, the others were bound to become furious. They would feel betrayed, hurt and yadda, yadda, yadda. That wasn’t even the problem, really. Their emotions weren’t of much importance, honestly. They were young; they’d get over it. The problem was the mayhem these scorned girls would cause. 

And all because of me, basically. 

When I got to the set, I ran straight to my trailer. And I actually turned out to be right. I was right on target. Christian was, in fact, in a “secret relationship” with many girls. How he remembered all of their names, I wasn’t sure. He wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box. Maybe he called them all Honey Bun or something… 

All of the girls he was with realized that he was just playing them, though. And boy, were they mad. They were beyond mad. And luckily for me, I got to see a bit of this. A few of the girls showed up on set to confront Christian. Our security was clearly lacking. Then again, stopping an enraged ex was hardly an easy feat. It would be easier to drown a fish. 

I assumed Christian had been avoiding all of them ever since Chloe’s revelation got out and they had to resort to showing up on set. I didn’t blame him for trying to avoid them. I would be scared, too, if I were him. 

I was inside my trailer when the first girl showed up, but I could hear her screaming, “No, I need to talk to Christian! Let go of me, you buffoon!” 

I guessed why she was there and I didn’t want to miss it, so I ran out of my trailer just in time to catch the confrontation. I stood watching on the sidelines. 

“Christian Matthew Ryder,” the girl hissed.  “You stupid, cheating scumbag!” 

She was a pretty girl. She was small, with long, light brown hair and dark green eyes. She looked possessed at the moment, though. 

“Babe, just give me—” Christian began slowly. 

Hah! I was right! He did use pet names! Now, it wasn’t Honey Bun, but it was close enough.

“No!” she shrieked wildly! “I’m never believing any more of your lies, you stupid, stupid heartbreaker! I hate you!” 

I swear this felt like a bad soap opera… it wasn’t even worth some popcorn! Come on. I had expected a little more than this.