chapter 12

As everyone got things ready, I worried about what he had to get me mad. Mentor Nich didn’t even know me. I hope Tom is okay. Tomorrow at noon another attack is going to happen. Tanya and I are going along. I know Tom the best and he’d come easier if he saw me. We planned this when Mentor Small and Nich set up the room. Sean had disappeared somewhere. He reappeared when we were about to fight. He nodded to Mentor Nich who nodded back.

            “Ready, Selna?” Mentor Nich asked when we got into positions.

            “Yes, throw your best shots.”

            “Okay. Well, you’re never going to be able to see your friends ever again because of Sean.”

            “Why?” I wasn’t even upset just curious.

            “Because Sean and your friends make up don’t mix. Your best friend is a werewolf. Werewolves and vampires don’t mix. You are never going to accomplish anything here.”

            “Is that your best?”

            “No, this is. Sean bring plan B out,” Just as Mentor Nich said it Sean brought out…Tom!

            “Tom!”

            “Selna!” He started to run to me but Sean pulled him back. Sean flicked Tom’s feet from under him.

            “Leave him alone! Mentor Nich this isn’t funny!” I exclaimed when I heard him laughing.  “Sean, if you harm Tom, I’ll come over there and throw you into a wall.”

            “There we go,” Mentor Nich mumbled. “Hey Sean do some more. We have an angry older sister on our hands.” He laughed again.

            Sean pushed Tom to the floor again when he got back up. I was getting ready to kick Sean’s butt when Mentor Nich got the battle started.  He threw a punch only to miss me. I countered that attack with a leg swipe. As I picture over and over what Sean did. My anger grew.

            My attacks became more fierce and violent. Soon Nich was on the ground on his back. I hovered over him. My mind went over the different moves to end the battle, but most of them would end it by killing the opponent.

            I sensed Nich moving. He tried to swipe, but I jumped into the air in time. My feet never hit the ground. Since my eyes were closed from concentration to find a move to end the match without ending Nich’s life, I fell into my instincts and felt the ground. I did a combo of a kick and point.

            I felt him fall to the ground when I side kicked his head. I knew where he was and pressed the pressure point on his chest till I opened my eyes to see his surrender. As I got out of the circle I heard a ruckus outside the practice room. I ran as fast as I could. I saw some guy vampire had my brother in his clutches. Sean, Zach, and Tanya tried to get Tom back, but the vampire had buddies. Mentor Small was knocked out by the door.

            “Hey! What’s going on here?” I yelled. I went toward them.

            “Selna, this idiot has your brother. He’s going to use him as dinner.” Zach yelled as the guy he was facing put him in a headlock.

            These guys were serious. I could see it in their eyes. I bet they were from John to get his snack that I took away from him. Well, that wasn’t happening either. Three guys were there. One held Zach in a headlock the other held my brother. The other was watching Tanya, Sean, and Mentor Small to make sure they don’t do anything.