chapter 2

**************************************************

            Abruptly something wakes me up. I looked around the cabin the people were in. Everyone was still seated. I looked out the window and realize how high we are. I could see tiny ant-size cars drive slowly to and from their destinations.  Shaking begins in my hands as I hold onto my arm rests. MY fear crept up on me.

            "Passengers this is your pilot speaking please buckle your seat belts as we prepare to land." The speaker over the intercom commented.

            I looked down my seat belt was still on. I tightened it as the plane descended. I closed my eyes and imagined myself on the ground, safe, and wrestling John and Fred.

            "We have landed. Please have a safe and fun stay in Miami, Florida." The stewardess said as she opened the door.

            I didn't wait for anyone else in my row to get up first I barreled through grabbed my stuff and left the plane. I ran to where my luggage would be, they already had it unpacked and on the Carroll.

            This new airline really knows what their passengers want; I thought as I grabbed my stuff and walked to the bus that would be taking me to my shuttle. I was the first one on. The bus driver looked surprise. He just shrugged and took my bags to the luggage area of the bus.

            "...I can hear your thoughts. I can see your dreams...” I sang with Lonestar.

            A slight breeze whooshed passed me. I looked up from my IPod and book. A young man that was my age maybe slightly older walked to the seat diagonal to me. I watched the bus driver repeat what he had done for me for the man. He grabbed the guy's bag and put them into luggage area. When the driver passed by us again, the guy stared at me.

            Green eyes stared into mine. They seemed so familiar, but they created a fear that had part of my mind shaking. A small animalistic hunger that shouldn't be in anyone's eyes was there. Those green eyes had me paralyzed in my seat. I was mesmerized by them, seeing only them.

            He coughed, breaking the trans. "Hey."

            I blinked and blushed at my rudeness at staring."I'm sorry."

            "It's ok. I get that a lot." He said cockily.

            I smiled. Something replaced or at least hid that fear I felt before when he joked around. This time I got to study him. His black hair was too long to fit his face. His skin had a slight tan making it just dark enough to not be overpowered by his hair. He had kissable lips and straight white teeth in his smile. There was a dark patch over his left eye. I looked closer at it. It was like a semi-wet and semi-dry powder solution of foundation. It was too dark for his skin and made it obvious that this guy wore make up. Weirdoes these days.

            "I see someone has been experimenting with their sister’s make up." I laughed.

            "Is it that noticeable?" He looked horrified.

            "Yeah sorry Buddy it is."

            "Oh man." he groaned.

            "Hey I can help you out. You seem to be my color. Hang on one second." I said as I pulled out my foundation and brush.

            The guy moved to the seat across from mine. I scooted toward him as I rubbed a little on his face with my concealing brush. Perfect match.