chapter 7

Tingling in my limps woke me. Someone gasped. My lids flew open. Sean, Becca, and Sara cluttered my vision. Sean and Becca smiled at me. Sara seemed to release the air she held. 

            "You're ok! I thought I had lost you." Sean said as he pulled me into a hug. 

            Slowly the feeling in my limps came back. I returned the hug. I gave Becca a hug. She was okay. I was just dreaming all of this. There were no vampires trying to take Becca; they were gone. Sean helped me to my feet while the ground beneath me moved in all directions. Finally, my bearings slammed back into me, and I stood tall and without dizziness.

            Clap. Pause. Clap. Pause. Clap. I looked toward the noise. John was still there clapping sarcastically. His guys were staring at me. John's guy that I was fighting before passing out looked cocky. I glared at him. It so wasn't over.

            "Well, it seems as though someone had forgotten to mention that you were in the middle of changing. Hmm... Though this fight doesn't seem finished, would you like to continue Selna?"

            "Oh you know it!" I said with as much force as I could convey into my voice.

            "No, she's not continuing." Sean butt in.

            "Sean, stop. I'm an adult. I can make my own decision." I replied and stepped back into the ring. "Bring it little boy."

            Before Sean could stop me, the guy lunged. I swept out of the way as I kicked his side. He sailed into the wall. He lay in a heap like the others before him. I looked at John. He stared at me, assessing my abilities.

            "Hmm. I haven't seen anyone beat one of my guys that easily in years." John said as he stepped closer to me. "I want you in my group. Come we must go claim my payments now."

            John grabbed my arm and started pulling me down the hallway. "No. Now let me go!"

            "Oh come on, Baby. I want you now come."

            "No!" I shouted as I ripped my arm from his grasp.

            I started to walk away when he threw me into the wall. He held me there, "Now let's get some things straight. One, you don't turn you back on me when I'm talking to you. Two, you never ever reject me. I get what I want, when I want."

            "Oh really?" I replied as I shoved my fist into his stomach. He bent over in pain, releasing me from the wall. I kneed him in the face. I grabbed his arm and twisted him into a choke hold with his left arm behind his back as he stood off balance unable to reproach.

            "Now, let's start this again. First, I am not nor will I ever be baby to you. Second, I don't take orders from you or anyone. Third, you are going to let Sara have Becca. Fourth, never ever come near me or anyone I know or there will be consequences. Got it?"

            He nodded. "This isn't over."

            I released him. He walked over to his group as he tried to pick up whatever dignity he had left. Everyone around me cheered as the guys shamefully walked away. Sara looked at me with a smile as she leads Becca away with her group. Slowly the group of witnesses dispersed.

             "If you hadn't driven me nearly insane, I'd say you were made to be a vampire. Unfortunately, I'm too mad to say anything nice right now. Now come here let's get you cleaned up before you go see the Master." Sean said as he led me back into the room. Something about the way he said the Master sounded off.