Chapter 14: Destiny

Start from the beginning

Severide took a step in Asura's direction and the speed of his movements drew fear to Asura's mix of anxiety and uncertainty. He was not going to be able to move. There was barely even enough to generate the full circle and Severide had reached his Absolute form in barely 25 seconds. This was it. Asla lied. He couldn't even feels the beginning of the settling of his power.

Before Severide could sink his blade, there was sharp screech of metal on metal, leaving his ears ringing with the sheer intensity of the sound.

Severide's eyes widened in surprise and then they became cold again. Only another Zero could stand up to his own blade. And he recognised the pearlescent jade aura that covered the great sword's blade. With another screech, his dislodged his own blade, letting it hang casually in his grip. The male took a step back. Zerah closed the gap and levelled with Severide. Asura could almost see the same surprise on Zerah's face that he had on his own, Severide kept his own expression blank.

"Tiberius." Severide growled.

Tiberius smiled and sheathed his own blade. The Regalia crest glowed almost as brightly in its ethereal green as Severide's in a menacing scarlet. "What are you doing here?"

"I was told to protect this one. At all costs." Tiberius tone was polite and had an almost musicality about it. He was a slim built man, more pretty and effeminate from Severide's harsh and dangerous beauty. His hair was as pale as Severide's was dark and it was neatly braided and fell almost to his waist. Tiberius had eyes that were as dark as coal. Despite his slightly cheerful and polite demeanor, his eyes said otherwise. They were almost hollow, as if there was some part of him that had gone missing. And it made Zerah uncomfortable.

"P-Protect me? Did Asla send you?" Asura's words earned him a cold glare from Tiberius.

"I honestly don't know why he thinks so highly of it, when it is clear the power difference you and I." Tiberius mocked with a sour expression marring his pretty face with the lines of jealousy. "I am a true Regalia bearer and you're just scum."

"What are you talking about Tiberius?" Zerah was trying her best to make sense of what they were saying. It seemed as though Tiberius knew exactly what Asura had been up to. "Tiberius, whose side are you on?"

The pale haired male turned to face Zerah with a haughty expression. "Zerah, looks like life hasn't been treating you well since you left our ranks. You were weak, just like Asura here."