chapter one || #twitterfights

AURORA DUNKIRK'S CHARACTER NAME FINALLY REVEALED?

Aurora Dunkirk in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

After starring in 12 of the 13 movies in Marvel's incredibly successful Cinematic Universe, Aurora Dunkirk should be a household name. Her character was first immortalised by her comedic cameos, some fans comparing her appearances to creator Stan Lee's famous scenes. In more recent movies, she has become somewhat of a second storyline to the series, with the development of her character shown through short clips that play before, during and after the movie. But somehow, she has avoided explosive fame. 

And that's down to one fact: Her character has never been named.

That's right, the widely-loved character doesn't have a name. Fans of Dunkirk, who was only 20 years old when she first appeared in 2008's Iron Man, have bombarded Marvel executives with questions about her character. Many have studied the credits of the movies, but in every film she appears to be called The Marvel Girl.

After eight long years of waiting, fans finally have closure. On Sunday evening, the official Marvel Twitter account revealed that the loveable character had finally been named, without naming the character in the Tweet. Dunkirk, as fans have come to expect, had a lot to say on the issue.

@Marvel

ICYMI: @auradunkirk's long-running Marvel character has finally been named!

|

@auradunkirk

wow @Marvel i got twitter to celebrate and you didnt even say me name #whereisbeyonce

|

@RobertDowneyJr

@auradunkirk deserves better... She's been at this Marvel game for (almost) as long as I have.

|

@auradunkirk

yikes @RobertDowneyJr im 9000% sure i signed the contract before u. also do u wanna fight