Brock's guide to being a perfect Boyfriend

Почніть із самого початку

"What difference does it make? Do you do different things, just because the little space in the middle is gone?"

Brock smiled "Precisely"

"Huh?"

"See, Ash once you're a couple you're out of the friend-zone, that itself should be considered a victory, because as a friend you can't marry her, you need to be her boy no-space friend. Once you've earned that title, there are certain specific things that you can only do with that title. If you don't do them, then you're a bad boyfriend."

You know that epic moment when your head gets filled with knowledge, you've never even heard before and you feel like this person who knows everything there is to know on all of planet Earth.

Yeah, that's practically how Ash felt right now.

Thus, Brock continued. Starting from the basics like how to hold hands(which he had to call Forrest to demonstrate) and to being a proper gentlemen.

"Open doors, pull out the chair, give her your jacket and tell her she looks beautiful"

Brock had gotten so intense with his teaching, that Ash had fished out a notepad and a pen and was jotting down notes like crazy. After a few minutes Ash had quit asking Brock to slow down, because the Pokemon Doctor didn't look like he was going to slow down any time soon.

"And Ash, don't refer to your notes in front of her, because she should feel as if your doing this because you really truly love her and you care for her"

"But I do really care for her!" Ash protested.

"Then you shouldn't need the notes. These things should come to you, naturally"

Ash's jaw dropped and he pulled his head back till it looked like he had a double chin. Blinking slowly, he tossed the notepad and his pen away and placed his hands on the desk. "Continue"

Brock nodded in approval "Now I'm going to give you a scenario" he said, taking a few steps forward "You're away a few feet away from the bench Serena's sitting on and let's say you're buying her ice-cream or something and when you turn around, there's another guy. He's talking to her, holding her hand, making her laugh and -"

"Stop!"Ash yelled, throwing himself off the chair "That's making me mad"

Brock shook his finger at him "That anger is what you call-Jealousy"

Ash cocked his head in confusion. "Jealous about what?" he asked, slowly sitting back down.

"You're jealous that some other random guy can make her smile or laugh. You're jealous that he's holding the hand that...." Brock tilted his head in Ash's direction, urging him to continue.

"That I'm the only one that's supposed to hold her hand" Ash eagerly continued. His face shining like a child's.

At that moment Brock knew, that he had been successful in imparting this priceless knowledge to his very naive friend. He resisted the urge to break down crying out of pure pleasure.

While Forrest was on the other side of the house, keeping Serena occupied, Brock dutifully taught Ash everything he could. He taught him jealousy worked the other way round too and that Serena would also feel jealous and that it was one thing he should try to avoid.

He swelled with pride when Ash said he understood something and could easily answer all of his sudden pop quizzes. He felt like an older brother watching his little brother grow and flourish.

That, was until he reached the most dreaded part. A part he had purposely pushed to the end of the lesson.

Kissing.

He could easily avoid this topic and let Ash be the way he was right now, but he, being a good friend, didn't want Ash to miss out on something he had never experienced his entire life.

Yes, poor Brock was still single.

But he wasn't selfish, so if it meant that Brock would've to cross the seven seas and the mountains just to make this clear to Ash, he would. Because that's what good friends do.

"Have you ever been kissed, Ash?" He asked, trying not to make the main point way too obvious.

"Yeah. My mom has kissed me"

That was until he realized that it was Ash he was talking about.

"On the forehead or the cheek, right?"

"Yeah" Ash asked, wrinkling his forehead "Where else would she kiss me? On my hand? What am I? Some royalty?"

Pikachu looked up at Brock in worry. It didn't take long for him to figure out what Brock was getting at and looking at the current condition they were stuck on, Pikachu could only hope and pray in worry.

Poor guy, he thought, How is he going to get that through Ash's thick dense-potato of a brain? Please shower your blessings on us Arceus. Please show us some mercy.

But Ash wasn't entirely slow himself. Though it took some time, the boat of realization finally arrived at his brain.

"Are you saying that..." he said quietly, averting his head to the ground, to hide his blush "I'd have to kiss her?"

Brock shook his head vigorously  "Yeah"

Still soaked in embarrassment, Ash replied with a  "Oh-okay"

"B-but you see, couples do it slightly differently"

"I have to kiss Serena on her hand?"

"What! No! You have to...um..uhh"

"Why are you hesitating, Brock? What is it, that is so difficult, that you can'even tell me?"

An idea zinged into Brock's head. "While giving her a kiss, you can give one on her forehead, her cheek or her nose, okay?"

"Yeah, you already told me that"

"With that, have we covered the entire face?"

"Umm...no. We have the lips left"

"The lips...." Brock said, raising both his eyebrows and desperately trying to get it through Ash's head by only using facial expressions.

It actually worked. But the reaction was the last thing he had expected.

And that was not in a good way. Never, in his entire life had Brock ever felt such a strong urge to go find a cliff and jump off of it. He frigging wanted to dig a hole in his room, right now and bore his way out of it.

"EW, BROCK! WHAT THE HECK!" Ash yelled, red in the face. "THAT IS DISGUSTING"

A/N-------------------------------------------
Ahh, I just love writing about Ash's denseness.
Even though it means, I'll have to torture someone else XD
And I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. School started and I was stuck with hw.
But I'll try updating every weekend.