IV. Polaroid Guy

●▬▬▬▬✠۩۞۩✠▬▬▬▬●

❝And in the end we have all become the person we said we'd never be

❝And in the end we have all become the person we said we'd never be.❞

Unknown.

Rosé was shaken up. She was wondering about Blue. Then her thoughts took a different path. The inevitable path. The truth part.

Rosé's mind was so engrossed with Blue that she didn't even notice where she was going in her bike at the middle of the night. She didn't know that she would stumble across such a place. If it can be called a place, that is.

False, she exactly knew where she was. The place has been on her mind for a long time.

There was a street racing going on in the uncrowded and abandoned highway on the outskirts of the Roséville town. The place was illuminated by street lamps and fire holders were placed approximately at 2 meter intervals in front of the low walls surrounding the highway.

There was a crowd who were eagerly waiting for the race to finish. Most of the people who had tattoos and piercings all over their bodies were leaning against their motorcycles. There was hardly a bunch of women present.

Everyone was smoking and inhaling weed, even consuming drugs. Rosé quickly looked away from that poisonous substance and pushed away her thoughts.

A woman who was practically half-naked with her low cut neckline and mini skirt was standing in the white and black checkered finishing line, holding a red flag, directly across Rosé.

A huge guy who was probably on steroids was interrogating a boy who was around Rosé's age. Rosé could hear some parts of their conversation.

".. know someone here?"

"... but let me try out,"

"... got to be acquainted with someone here..."

"...but please.. Okay, I am going, chill!"

"... don't tell anyone or you'll see what we can do to back.."

"...O-Okay,"

They needed to be acquainted with at least one person who's a part of the crowd. Illegal crowd.

The highway was built upon the river that flows out of the Roséville's beach site. Rosé was near enough to see that there was a bet going on between people who supported two guys named Klaus and Calvin. Some people were even holding banners of their names. Rosé was wearing nothing warm enough to fight against this cold weather.

Rosé pulled the portable stand in her bike with her foot and leaned against it in the middle of the highway. The cold breeze rubbed against her skin in a harsh way. Rosé could see the silhouette of the moon that was hidden beneath layers of cloud. The dark clouds seemed to match with her thoughts.