XVIII: The Man Who Never Lied

Start from the beginning

Sakura looked into Sasuke to confirm her corollary as the Raven shook his head.

The girl couldn't talk.

♡ ʈɦɛ ɲɛӝʈ ựɕɦɨɦɑ ♡

THERE'S NO ESCAPE

Lee was blabbing something about the essence of youth and Neji had his eyes drifting from side to side not wanting to hear it. He knew it wasn't his fault his uncle was being a jackass, but there are some times he needed to be left alone. If not, he had to talk it out on someone else.

He wanted to spill his guts to his mushroom-headed and addle-pated guy or gay (not that it mattered) best friend about TenTen, but it just didn't sound right.

And something else. He'll skip that for now. This isn't the right time and Lee doesn't seem to fit for the job.

Soon, Team Kurenai had finally arrived and Naruto was in it, too. Since missions were no fun he keeps on yelling at her granny to give him something to work with.

A scowl landed in Neji's face when he caught him holding Hinata's hand.

Kiba tramped next to him following his gaze. "Dude," he looked surprised. "You're really not into-"

"NO, Kiba. NO."

"Then stop acting like a dick, man. You're better than this."

They watch as Naruto and Hinata would usually giggle and blush scarlet in glee. Since they were supposed to decorate the village, Hinata volunteered to be in charge of the lanterns as her legs were parted into Naruto's shoulder, sitting on top of him. As if playing chickens in a swimming pool, she hung the lemon-like coloured lamp above Ichiraku's Ramen and Naruto brought her safely into the ground and played with their noses for a while.

Clouds part and a ray of light shimmered down on such an epiphany. Still, Naruto was a demon hiding in his scar-like whiskers that exposed his unhumanity.

Neji sighed. Closed his eyes. "You're not into someone else, are you?" He asked Kiba, who drew a question mark in his forehead. "No," he said surprisingly. "I'm better off single. Besides, there's a lot of fish in the sea, where in most of them aren't that fresh anymore."

"Sweet Jesus I wasn't asking for your opinion."

Kiba raised his hands. "Fine. You got me. What do you want?"

"I'm asking you to date Hinata."

Kiba cupped an ear. "Sorry what was that? I don't speak crazy, Nej. You're gonna have to translate that for me."

"Alright then," Neji said patiently, lowering his voice. "What would you do if you have a cousin who is unfortunately dating some half-demon psycho while you, on the other hand, is stuck in the middle of choosing between the happiness of others, and more importantly.. Yours."

"I'd get a hobby."

"Thank you very much for your complete cooperation."

"Listen mate," said Kiba. "If we're talking about Hinata here, let her go. You can't keep on watching over her like she's some princess, because she was born to be a warrior. Sadly, I've known her ever since her tits were THIS-he made a small figure within his fingers-tiny."

"You want me to cut yours out?"

"I can't, you hear me? NO. It'll be too damn awkward." The Inuzuka boy sighed. "Besides, I don't do relationships. It's short, unproductive, complicated."