VIII: Up Up and Away

QOTD: Sasuke: Do you trust me?

Sakura: Yes,

Sasuke: Then you have nothing to worry about.

*****************************************************

Chapter 8: Up Up and Away

*PLAY SONG*

This village hasn't changed a bit, said Sasuke. There was a frown in his face.

He wondered how the village had been doing since he was gone. Konoha was a lot more different from Oto, he just thought, because with his former home people would treat you as something else, where in back at the Sound the villagers didn't care whether you lived your life as a criminal. And now as he stood against the wall wearing his robe—he felt as if it was already a part of him he would never carry on without, aside from the power of his curse mark. Rumor says Itachi had gotten rid of it during their death match, but Kabuto had it transplanted not long after he buried him himself. It was the only resting place that stood beneathe the hills of Oto.

A smirk crossed in his face when he spotted Kakashi reading his book again. Of course it was different the way an old student would reunite with his sensei, without even touching him. Now those were good old memories, one when violence hasn't raptured him yet. So instead he just shook his head and waited impatiently for Sakura.

A boy, perhaps in his academy age was seen holding an Uchiha fan. He couldn't be mistaken. He didn't even know it would be legit to sell one of those, the clan who could have burnt the village down and so the people in there die along with it. He smirked. It tickled him trying to picture himself on the boy's shoes, that seven-year-old who was being fetched by his Itachi-nii during dismissal hours as he held a lollipop, as if it could be a coincidence both of them had been waiting for someone out of time history.

And he sort of looked like one of Naruto's sidekicks whom he'd forgotten its name however. He couldn't get close to him though, and if he did, he won't be able to restraint himself from doing the things he always wanted..bad things, and the boy was far too useless for him to steal a candy from.

Sasuke had transformed himself and gestured a finger to the boy. "Hey," he said coldly. He didn't know what he was doing but he was relying on the words Madara had enlightened him. "You look like a really smart guy. Now tell me what you know about Uchiha Itachi."

"He did something wrong.." Said the boy, and Sasuke could only use the strength he had left with the curse-mark, otherwise he didn't seem to prepare for this. "He was once a great ninja and an ANBU, but he betrayed his village by killing his parents and left to join the Akatsuki."

Sasuke waited, for anger to evaporate inside him, but nothing came. "And what about the boy he spared? Sasuke... You've heard of him, haven't you?"

"They say he went out to seek vengeance for his brother, others say he was dead, and that he never came back. They never saw him again."

Sasuke felt a weird thing inside him. "And did he get what he wanted?"

The boy cocked his shoulders. Sasuke thought his right eye was about to bleed, and so he dismissed him with a nod.

                           ⇥⇥⇥ THΣ ΠΣXT UCHIHΔ ⇤⇤⇤

                         CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR 

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

Sakura stared in amazement. The hawk landed with a poof, and believe it or not it was bigger than she imagined. They were different from what Tsunade has taught her, or those books that say in the library have become extinct. Be brave, she told herself. It's what Shikamaru and the others would expect to hear from you. Sasuke was already seated up there, ready to take flight in any moment. Up so close, even how stunningly gorgeous he could have turned out to...

"A hawk? Since when did you learn how to summon one?"

Sasuke hovered the bird in a not-so-friendly way, and Sakura could see how much he treated it like some animal meant to abide by his existance. "Orochimaru taught me how to summon. Even serpents. In case you've noticed, we don't rely on Oto's transportations." He cocked his head, making him look sexier. "Hop on,"

Sakura backed up. "I've never ridden a bird before."

"Then you better get used to it."

Sakura's chest felt tight. "What about Genma and the others?"

"Do you trust me??" Sasuke asked with a smile, and for the first time did the pinkette thought she had seen something good in there... "Yes,"

"Then you have nothing to worry about." He spoke in confidence. Sakura shook her head in enthusiasm. Now every man in his shoes would have possessed that kind of voice. She took his hand, and felt like every thought of staggering back immediately vanished. Wind rose into her hair, and she couldn't help but grin widely in excitement and tremor. "Hold on tight," He said, and Sakura must have felt—rather than seen him smile.

She took a deep breath. "Alright. Let's go."

*************************************************************

7.29.13

edited 4.3.14, 11:16 PM, Thurs