I rolled my eyes "Is it too much to ask you to leave me be?"

He sat on the bed and looked around "I lived in the room next door"

"You did?" I asked.

He nodded "Yes. Yours is bigger"

I shook my head "What do you want?"

"What, we can't speak?" he asked.

I looked at him "Why do you want to speak?"

"It's lonely where I am" he admitted, looking a little miserable about it.

I was surprised by his confession, but I had trouble believing it.

"What, hell isn't all you thought it would be?" I asked.

He shook his head "Maybe you were right"

"Right about what?" I asked, confused.

"You once told me that you couldn't help but wonder if those forced into the life of a monster were being banished from the afterlife. Well, there's nothing where I am, only darkness. It's cold and lonely, I just hate it" he said, upset.

I didn't want to feel bad for him, especially after all he did, but here I was feeling upset for the life he was forced to confront.

My own life now was something I didn't want, so I understood.

"I knew I would have no way of getting into heaven, but you know your life is truly horrible when hell won't even open their fiery gates for you" he continued.

"I'm not going to show you pity, if that's what you're wanting" I said, hoping that if this was a game, I wasn't going to be weak.

He scoffed "I'm not asking for your damn pity! I just don't want to be alone right now"

"Is Theodore stuck in a place like you?" I asked.

He looked at me "Who?"

"Theodore, the man you killed. Do not play dumb, because I know that you know where he is" I said.

He looked amused "If he is, then it means that deep down he was a monster, just like me"

"He was no monster! He was an honest person that deserved better than what you showed him!" I yelled, getting upset.

He laughed "It was so thrilling to kill him though. Watching the blood run over his body, while you watched, terrified. Seeing your lip trembling and your body shake with fear was terrific, almost sexual for me"

"You really are a monster" I muttered.

"Yes, well we can't all be little perfect princesses like you, Cordelia" he said, trying to get a rise out of me.

I shook my head "I am far from perfect"

"I'm well aware" he mumbled.

"Have you always been this terrible?" I asked, wanting to know either if he has always been this way or if something caused it.

He laughed "Not in this life"

"Then what made you so damn cold?" I asked, getting fed up.

He looked down "Is this your way of asking for my life story?"

I shook my head "I don't care what you tell me. I just want to know that at some point you actually had a soul"

"My soul was taken, just like yours will be too eventually" he answered.

"Quit avoiding the question" I said, annoyed.

He leaned back on the bed, resting his head on the pillow "Being a vampire brought out the monster n me, Cordelia. The thirst took control and I lost everything because of it"