What Do You Like About Me - Black Star x Reader (Soul Eater)

(G/F/N) - Girlfriend/Guy Friend
(N/N) - Nickname

"(N/N)," he muttered, brushing a strand of your hair behind you ear. You hummed in response, eyes focused on the book in front of you. You were both studying for the final in Stein's class, but Black Star got bored and decided to lay his head on your lap, facing you. His hands were playing with your hair ever so often and to be honest, it was quite distracting but it relaxed you. "Hey. Hey."

He continued to call out for your response. He hated when you answered him by just humming. "Yes, Black Star?"

"What do you like about me?" He asked quietly, sitting up. He stared at you intently, leaning closer as he waited for you to reply.

What did you like about him? He was loud, rude, arrogant, annoying, cocky. Everything you hated in a man. Yet somehow, you still managed to fall for him. You thought of an answer and you heard him sigh.

"I like your blue hair," you answered. Turning around, you folded your legs and grabbed a strand of his hair, "I can spot you easily in a crowd if I get lost."

He chuckled, "You do get lost often."

Humming for another answer, you sat closer, "I like how you get jealous of (G/F/N) whenever we hang out."

Pushing your hand away, he turned his face with pink tinting his cheeks, "I don't get jealous."

"It's cute! It's nice to know that you care." He nodded, muttering about how much he did care about you. Poking his biceps, you said, in a silly voice, "I like your muscles."

"What about... Me? What about my personality? Do I treat you badly? Do I need to improve something?"

Cupping his face, you kissed his nose. "You didn't let me finish my list, Black Star." He stayed quiet, looking into your eyes. "I like you."

"Well I hope so or else this would've been awkward," he raised his shoulders, "I meant what did you like about-"

"Black Star, I like you." You emphasized the last word, hoping he would understand. He had a cute confused look on his face as he tilted his head. Sighing, you dropped you head. Bringing your head back up you said, "I like you for you. I like how outstanding you are. I like the way you're jealous whenever guys are around me or talk to me. I love how you treat your friends with respect. I love you for being you."

He smiled lopsided, "You love me?"

Nodding your head, you pecked his lips, "I love you."

Smirking, he ruffled your hair, "I love you too, (Y/N) (L/N)."

---Extended Ending---

"And that's how we first said the 'L' word to each other!" Black Star told with a closed eye smile with his foot on the bench and his hands on his hips.

"Black Star is in a relationship?" Kid asked for the twentieth time.

"You're in a relationship?" Maka asked.

"He's a boyfriend to someone?" Liz asked Patty. Patty nodded, dribbling the basketball.

Black Star kept his pose. "Her name's (Y/N) (L/N)!" He nodded vigorously.

Soul shrugged, "I believe it."

Tsubaki giggled, "I'm a witness. I've met her!"

"Did he pay you to say that?"

"Blink twice if you need help."

"Oh hey, babe!" Black Star greeted you. He still kept his pose. You walked towards him and kissed his cheek as a greeting. You waved to all his friends whose mouths were agape.

"I have to go, but I'll see you later, kay?" His pose still remained as you left, except he had rosy cheeks.

"Told ya so," he laughed loudly.

And that's the story of how he came home later with a broken nose.

In case you're confused on how he came home with a broken nose, Maka threw a book in his face :)