Thirty Three

Brantley's POV

"What do you think about us having another baby?" Miranda asks as I turn to look at her. "Baby girl, I think that sounds amazing. I'll have a football team of babies with you if you'll let me." I tell her with a smile. Miranda gets a huge smile on her face and smashes her lips into mine. "Shall we get started then?" Miranda asks as she pulls away. "Oh yes ma'am." I say pulling her face back to mine. It's going to be a good night for this ol' redneck biker.

I wake up this morning and I hear Harper crying. I quietly get out of bed so I don't wake Miranda and head towards Harper's room. "Hi there baby girl. What's all this fuss about?" I say as I pick her up and she lays her head on my bare chest. Harper is curled up in my arms as I make my way down to the kitchen to get Harper her bottle. I put her in her high chair to drink her milk as I start making breakfast for Carter and Miranda.  As I'm making the sausage gravy I feel Miranda walk up and wrap her arms around me and kiss my shoulders. "Good morning baby." I say with a chuckle as I turn around and wrap her in my arms. "Good morning rockstar." She says with a wink. "It smells amazing in here." "Thanks. Will you go get Carter up? It's almost ready." I tell Miranda kissing her nose.

Miranda's POV

After breakfast, Carter is begging Brantley's and I to let him hang out with his Uncle Kolby. "Come here buddy and we will call him." Brantley says and he runs and jumps in his daddy's lap. As they call to talk to Kolby, I take Harper upstairs to get dressed for the day. I get Harper dressed and put her on her bedroom floor with her toys and I suddenly get the feeling that I'm going to be sick. I run across the hall and start to throw up. Brantley comes in and holds my hair back. "You ok? You felt fine earlier." He asks rubbing my back. "I think it may be morning sickness." I tell him waiting for the look of realization to cross his face. "Already? We just started talking about another baby last night." He says seemingly getting frustrated. "Yeah, well Brantley we've been having sex a hell of a lot longer than that and I'm pretty sure neither one of us was doing anything to prevent it." I get mad and walk out of the bathroom.

I can't believe Brantley. He's got me so angry right now that I have locked myself in our music room and started writing some songs. I don't think that any of them are worth are damn but it's helping me blow off steam. I heard Kolby come and pick up Carter and I'm pretty sure that Brantley told him to take Harper to Mama Becky. I decided to go ahead and make a doctor's appointment instead of taking a test. I just want to find out already. I get all my stuff gathered up and start walking out the door. "Where are you going?" Brantley quickly asks when he sees me. "I'm gonna go find out if I'm having a baby." I say walking out and slamming the door.

I get to the doctor's office and I'm sitting in the waiting room. I'm waiting to be called when someone sits next to me. I look up and see Brantley sitting there. "Baby girl, I'm sorry. I was just shocked when you said it. I wasn't expecting it." He says grabbing my hand. Before I can say anything. A nurse calls me back. I get situated in a room waiting for the doctor to come in and I look over at Brantley. "I'm sorry too. I never should have gotten mad. I'm just as shocked as you." I say as the doctor walks in. We answer all his questions and he starts running all his tests. After a few minutes he walks back in and I grab Brantley's hand. "Well, it looks like y'all are having a baby."