3: His Name is......

Start from the beginning

"Nice name" he complimented with a smile which I couldn't and I didn't want to return.

"I know"

"Is trying to have a conversation with you always this hard?"

"Yes" I replied and I could hear Nathan secretly huff in annoyance.

"At least care about the person talking to you, it's very rude if......."

"Care?" I thought blocking out the rest part of his statement.

That word stung like the deadliest scorpion that ever existed: note my exaggeration to show how much I hated that word.

I once cared, I once cared for someone not just someone I once cared for some people, but yet they trampled on my heart like it was some piece of dirt, like I was some piece of dirt.

Like I didn't matter at all in their lives and then I'm expected to care about the crap someone was saying to me. I would never do that not even the tiniest eeniest bit. I was done caring about people and trying to make friends. That hurt I felt three years ago I still feel it now, and I don't want to experience that kind of pain again.

"Are you even listening to me" Nathan asked breaking my thoughts

"Stop the car" I said quietly but fiercely

"What! Why?" Nathan looked confused but was still driving.

"I said stop the damn car!" I screamed at him and he stepped on the brake immediately.

"What happened?" He turned to look at me

"You've freaking passed Wendy's. Are you blind?"

Nathan sighed "Ohhh" but it was more like a sigh of relief

"I could just drive back" he told me

"Don't worry, I don't want anyone teasing me about a guy dropping me off"

"In other words you're saying you're embarrassed of me"

What's wrong with guy, I just started talking to him today.

I shrugged giving him a tired look

"You can say that" then I grabbed my bag and got down from the car

"Can I pick you up after"

"No" I replied

"But I want to" he insisted

"But you can't" I insisted back.

Seriously, this guy should just leave me alone and stop trying to do stuff for me. Yea he's cute, handsome, sexy with beautiful eyes, he's popular in school especially among the girls. He's a senior and cutest of all he's in a band.

What girl wouldn't want a guy with all these qualities picking her and dropping her wherever she wanted just because he bashed her car. Yeah! Me! I didn't want it, I didn't want his attention or pity or anything that'll make me get closer to this guy. I shouldn't have given him my keys in the first place. I should've just ignored the fact that he hit my car and just taken care of the repairs myself.

"How about I send someone if I can't make it" he still hasn't given up

"Ugh! Shut up" I slammed the door and left.

I barged into the cafe which was my usual entry everyday, customer or no customer luckily there was no customer or that would have gotten her another strike from my manager, I already had one strike. But I couldn't help it, I was used to it.

"Hey angry bird, you're late" I received my usual greeting from Chelsea, a girl that usually worked with me during my shift.

"What's up Simpson, I'm glad you're smart enough to notice that" I smirked at her and she returned it with a scowl.