Chapter 19 - Light

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. 
- John Quincy Adams

+*+*+*+*+*+*+

We rushed back to Phoenix Drop and surprisingly got there at sunset. We were out all day gathering everyone from the alliance and thinking about strategies to keep Phoenix Drop safe from Tu'La. When we arrived at the gates, Alexis let us in. Aphmau told me that she would talk to the guards at the wall and I should tell Levin that we're back. I agreed and made my way to the guard tower.

Once I made it up the ladder, I spotted Levin instantly. He had dark circles under his eyes making him look like he was going to fall asleep standing up. I quickly stumbled over to him, "Levin!" He slightly jumped and turned in my direction. 

Levin let out a relieved sigh, "I'm glad you came back safe."

"Yep! Aphmau is talking with the guards at the gate," I beamed. He cracked a small smile before looking out the window again. "Levin," I spoke, "Are you okay? You look like you're going to pass out."

"Yeah I'm fine," Levin mumbled while combing his hand through his hair, "I'm just a bit tired."

I squinted my eyes at him, "You should really get some sleep. It's not going to be good if they come and you don't have any energy."

"It's worse to be asleep when they get here, I have to be aware of their arrival early," He responded, a bit annoyed.

I took a hold of his hand and looked at him sympathetically, "I want you to be ready."

He switched the subject, "(Y/N) can you stay at Aphmau's village?"

"What!" I exclaimed, surprised at his sudden request, "No! I'm staying here with you! This is my home!" 

"It will be safe there, though, not like here. Phoenix Drop is not safe right now and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I don't care! I want to fight for my home, not leave it here to die!"

"Phoenix Drop is going to be fine, don't worry about it."

"Yeah, well what about you? You're thinking about other people and how they're doing but you're not looking at yourself. Do you need a mirror? You look like a walking zombie, you need to rest."

Levin sighed in defeat, "Nothing will make you go to Aphmau's village?"

"Nada." Levin looked at the floor. "Look, Levin, please go take a nap. I'll be here watching and if I get any weird news or if I see anything unusual I will immediately go to you." Levin looked up at me and nodded, understanding that he needed a nap more than anyone. I smiled, kissing his cheek, "Thank you!"

+*+*+*+*+*+*+

It had been five hours since I sent Levin off to bed. There had been no signs of any danger or problems at the moment. Everything was fine and dandy, the sky was filled with shining stars. Sure, I was a bit tired because I haven't slept yet but Levin was the one who needed more rest. I was informed by Dante that he fell asleep really quickly. Now, don't think he was staring at him through his bedroom window, I asked him to check if he was actually trying to go to sleep 5 minutes after I sent him to his room.

I stared off into the distance for a while, relaxed, until suddenly a jolt of anxiety washed over me. I widened my eyes and frantically looked around to see if there were any signs of Tu'La troops coming nearby. I froze when I saw a light in the distance. From the way my breathing got ragged and my heart raced, I knew what was coming.

The war was about to begin.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+

This information is such a mood killer but unfortunately I want to tell you that there are only 1 or two more chapters left. I want to apologize for it being so short but I don't really like stories that go on forever. it kind of gets boring and I lose interest. Anyways, I really hope you don't mind. (Since there is only 1 or 2 more chapters left, would you like me to publish them if I complete them before next Monday or would you like me to wait and publish 1 every week like I have been? It's your choice.) (Of course, I would choose the majority but you get what I mean.) I hope you liked this chapter. (Omg I'm so tired it's like 2am and I just can't spell o.o) And as always, I hope you have a good day (or night) Reader~Chans!

- Author~Chan