Chapter 13 - Malachi

(F/F) = Favorite Food

A Few Days Later

I wandered around a bit, taking a morning stroll as usual. I was thinking about what to do today. See Levin? He might think I'm a burden if I keep going there while he's working. Go to Aphmau? She lightened up and is actually talking more, I wouldn't want to mess that up. Talk to Pierce? Not in that mood. I groaned, 'Why can't I think of anything to do? Whatever, I'll go ask Malachi if Levin is working or not.'

I wandered around a bit more hoping that I would see Malachi on the way instead of me having to go searching for him. Luckily, he was on the path of my usual morning stroll. I walked up to him with a warm smile, "Hi Malachi!"

"Oh, hey (Y/N)."

"Is Levin busy right now?"

Malachi looked back towards the way to Levin's house before responding, "He's with Dante right now talking about defenses and how they are going to fix up the hole in the ground, you might not want to interfere with them."

'Dang it, that was my only plan!' "Oh okay, well are you doing anything?"

"Um, I'm taking a small break so not really."

"Then may I join you? It's hard to think that I don't really know my boyfriend's brother."

He chuckled, "And it's hard to say I don't know my brother's girlfriend. I don't know if you're the right girl for him or not, I guess I'll see today... no pressure."

I stepped back and said a sarcastic 'Thanks' before continuing to walk with him. "So, how's life?"

"Erm, okay I guess. It takes a lot of work to guard and manage things, I don't know how Levin does it," Malachi answers me, staring off into space.

"I have always wondered how you two were brothers, are you actually Aphmau's sons?"

"Well not really, not by blood," Malachi answers, not continuing any further.

"Oh, okay..."

We both walked together on the stone and gravel path awkwardly not saying anything to each other.

"Do you like my brother?" Malachi abruptly says.

My eyes widen from his sudden question and I stop, "Of course I do, I love him!" I blush from my sudden outburst.

Malachi smiles, "It's nice to know that my brother has someone that really likes him."

"If I didn't like him I wouldn't be dating him."

We both resume walking side by side. "Does Levin working bother you?"

"Well, we might not have a lot of time to spend with each other but I cherish the moments that we are together."

"That's a nice answer." I look at him wondering if he is actually judging whether I am good for Levin or not.

"Was it hard," I stop for a moment to catch my breath while he puts his attention on me, "Was it hard to grow up without a mother?"

Malachi's eyes softened and he looked down at the floor in front of him, "I mean it's always hard to grow up without a mother, but we were waiting and hoping that she would come back any day. We really believed she would, I lost hope some days but Levin never did, he always told me to believe."

I smile and laugh, "That sounds like him."

Malachi turns his gaze to me, "How was your mother growing up?"

I look over at him, "I didn't have a mother growing up either, I didn't have parents from after I was 5. My story is almost like yours and Levin's but a bit different."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "In what way?"

"Um," I started not really wanting to continue, "My village burned down."

Malachi widened his eyes, stunned, "You had a village?"

"W-Well my parents did. The name was Sylph, apparently no one knows about it."

"Interesting," Malachi responded not wanting to get any deeper into the subject, "Well Levin is probably finished now if you want to talk to him."

I grinned, "Thanks, Malachi!"

"Hey," Malachi called out to me as I started running t Levin's house, "You get an A+!"

+*+*+*+*+*+ Levin's House Once Again +*+*+*+*+*+

I awkwardly walk into Levin's house not trying to disturb anyone if people are in here. To my surprise, no one is. 'Where's Levin?' I thought, looking around the room with a puzzled expression. My stomach growled reminding me that I haven't eaten today. "I guess while I'm here I'll cook food, I hope Levin doesn't mind."

I start to cook (F/F) (If your favorite food is a pop tart or something just pretend that you couldn't figure out how to work the toaster, or maybe even the fridge, I don't know xD) when the door suddenly opens, making me jump. I look over towards the door to see Levin coming in. "Levin, oh my goodness, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

Levin's eyes widened and he looked at me first before looking at the food I was making, "What are you making?"

"(F/F)," I respond with a smile on my face.

"Do you have a second portion?"

"Yeah, I'll have extra left over."

Levin smiles, "That means that I'll finally get to relax and eat!"

I laugh, "Let me finish this then I will get back to you."

"Okay!" Levin yells and hurries up the stairs for something.

After I'm finished cooking I call him down the stairs and he is in the chair in a flash.

"Goodness, Levin, I didn't know you were that hungry."

"I've been working all day, of course, I'm hungry."

I laughed and sat down in front of him starting to eat my (F/F). "I talked to Malachi today," I spoke trying to start a conversation.

"Please tell me he didn't say anything embarrassing," Levin said in between bites.

"No, not at all," I replied with an innocent smile.

"Then why did you mention it?"

"Because, I didn't know another way to start a conversation. Anyways, what are you doing with the village?"

"Right now we're focussing on protection, we need all that we can get. I also found out that mom's leaving again."

"Aphmau's leaving?"

Levin nodded, "Yeah, for a while. It kind of scares me though, I always think that she's going to disappear for another 15 years."

I smile at him and grasp onto his hand, "As you said to me a couple of days ago, 'You're okay.'"