Chapter 8

Mark

It was around 1pm when I felt someone crawl on top of me and began to slightly shake me. I peeled my eyes open and looked straight at Luna who had a goofy smile on her face. "Time to wake up daddy. It's raining outside and it's so pretty." She giggles poking my cheeks one by one. I grab her small wrist with my hands and hold them against my chest, making her fall against me. "Hey no fair." She laughed as she tried to get out of my grasp. I hold her against my chest until she stops struggling.

It was later that day when we all sat around the dining table playing board games when I realised how much I've missed this. How much I missed spending time with my friends or daughter and not caring about the internet or anything else. I loved this feeling.

The next day we woke up at the crack of dawn. We all fell asleep on the sofa after watching Disney movies.

"So I thought that maybe today we could go explore for a bit." Sean states during breakfast. I agree, saying we could maybe go to see the ocean if we have time.

Just as we were about to get dressed my phone started ringing. I excused myself from the table and answered. "Hey Matt, what's up?" I answer happily. "Mark, Emily and her new husband showed up, they want to talk to you. They wouldn't say about what but I think it has to do with Luna. You guys need to get here asap." Matt explains.

I stood frozen, unable to say anything. Why would she show up now, after almost 4 and a half years? "Mark? You ok? What's up?" Sean asks placing a hand on my shoulder and shaking me lightly. "My ex just showed up at my house." I reply quietly so that Luna, who was still eating, couldn't hear. "I need to go home." I add, looking at the Irishman. "Yeah of course. We'll head for the airport right away." He explains, removing his hand and walking down the corridor to his bedroom. "Luna we need to get dressed we're flying home today." I explain to my daughter. "What why?" she asked, tears forming in her green eyes. "I don't want to go home." I pulled her against my chest and tried to calm her down a bit.

"We'll come back soon but something happened at home. Something really important." I try telling her. She only nodded, hugging me even tighter.

Luna

Uncle Matt and uncle Ryan picked us up from the airport. It was nice to see them but I missed Sean already. He was one of my favourite people ever.

Once home, I was ready to go to sleep so I made dad carry me up the stairs and into my bed. He helped me change into my onesie before tucking me into bed and wishing me a good night.

Mark

I was up and dressed into my red flannel and some jeans by 8am the next morning, anxiously waiting for Emily and her husband to show up. They wanted to be here at 8:30am so I still had half an hour to get the house cleaned up a bit and ready for our guests. Matt and Ryan were up too, helping me make everything look decent enough for them.

The doorbell rang exactly 8:32am. My heart was pounding so hard; I could've sworn it was about to pop out of my chest. It wasn't the fact that she was here it was the fact that they might take my daughter away from me.

I straighten out my flannel, took a deep breath, put on a fake smile and finally opened the door.

"Emily, Cole, how may I help you?" I ask politely after asking them to come in. "We want Luna to come live with us." Emily answers smiling as if it was the simplest thing ever. "You want what? After 4 and a half years you decide that you want her to live with you? Are you nuts? I'm not giving up my daughter, that I raised without you." "Mark, I knew you were going to act like this, so we got together with our lawyer and we have a court meeting next Monday." Her smile never left that still gorgeous face of hers.

Just as I was about to say something I noticed Luna walk down the stairs, still in her onesie. "Who's this daddy?" She asked stepping down the last step and walking over to me. I picked her up and held her against my chest, whispering a good morning into her ear. I kissed her temple before telling her to go to the kitchen where I know Matt or Ryan was sitting. She looked at Emily and Cole one last time before leaving.

"You're not getting her Emily." I remark. "She doesn't even know who you are." I add on. "Now leave, the both of you. Get out of my house." I point to the door. I watch as they leave through the front door.

Ryan put his hand on my back and told me that I should check my twitter, which I did. Apparently someone found out about Emily's visit and now the entire internet was talking about it. I turned off my phone, walked into the kitchen and just hugged Luna.

"Daddy? Who was that?" She asked so innocently it actually hurt my heart. "That was your mum and her husband, Princess." I explain. "Why were they here?" She asks again. "Because they want to take you away from me."

LET THE DRAMA START