Chapter 23: Showing Schooling and a Surprise?!?

Start from the beginning

"Get up! We have to go show!" He told me. "Is there a nicer way you could put it?" I asked. "Oh let me rephrase that." He exclaimed and kissed me. "Better!" I smiled. We got in the car and drove to the show grounds.

Emma's POV (After Stephen and Macie left for the hotel.)

Stephen was GORGEOUS but Chase was nerdy and adorable. I love nerdy boys.

Chase came back from the golf cart and started talking to me. "Yeah. This is my pony Misty and- MARGO!! ZEUZIE!!!" I squealed at the sight of my trainer's dogs. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked the dogs. Yes, I'm talking to a pair of yellow labs. Even more ridiculous at the fact one of them's deaf!

Suddenly, Kim walked in. "Hey!" She smiled. Kim was Sharon's housekeeper and very good friend, that watched the place for her when she was away at shows. She was actually showing at this show on Peekaboo, Julie's horse. We chatted for a second and i turned back to Chase. "So, i have to school Sharon's horses, but i'll see you soon. You can come watch if you want." I smiled. "Sure!" He grinned. I got on Angela's warmblood Ted and took him down to the ring.

I schooled him on the flat and started jumping. My trainer Sharon was helping me with that because i wasn't considered an assistant trainer yet.

I took Ted up to a 2'6" vertical and he jumped it the first time. The second time he stopped at it. Now, before you start ranting about how bad a rider i am, know that Ted was crashed very badly into a jump once. He had an awful rider trying to jump him 3'6" and he ended up being traumatized from it. He also had his whole palmers angle screwed up too. Poor horse. Angela also spoils him rotten and lets him stop sometimes.

Anyways, i yelled at Ted and got after him in front of the jump. He reared and i expertly leaned forward with him. Then i circled out and jumped him again. He never refused any of the jumps again, the whole school.

After i finished with Ted, i took him back to the barn and Chase came up. "Whoa! Emma! That was so cool!" He smiled. "What was cool?" I asked. "You telling the horse what to do and then staying on as he reared!" He grinned. "Thank you. I actually think nothing of it. It's become my life now." I smiled.

He asked if i wanted to get coffee and i said yes. We chatted for a bit and i told him about my other horse Trigger. I had brought My pony, Misty to show in pony classes.

After we were done talking it was a pleasant silence. That is, until my phone started BLARING 'Roar' by Katy Perry, scaring the bejesus out of me. It was Sharon. "Hello?" I answered. "Emma, we have a situation... Uh... Your pony is foaling." Sharon told me. FTW? WTF?!? "What do you mean by "foaling?"" I hissed. "As in, having a foal. Remember how she started to get overweight and eating more?" Sharon asked. "She was eating for two people! D*mnit! How could we be so coy?" I groaned. "The vet is out here now. But she didn't show any signs of it. In all my years of thoroughbred breeding, i have never seen a pregnancy like hers. But, GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE!!!" She yelled.

"Chase, we've got to go!" I yanked Chase out of the café. "What's going on?" He asked. "Well, my pony's having a foal and we didn't know she was having a foal." I said awkwardly. "Then we have to go!" He exclaimed. "Here, get on my back." He told me. "Why?" I asked. "Just do it!" He groaned. I hopped on his back and he ran with inhumane speed to the barn.

I was about to ask him if he was bionic, but i saw my pony and ran. "Okay. What's her situation?" I asked the vet, Dr Yorkshire. "She's stable and it's coming. " he sighed. I nodded.

(Skip to After the Pony's done having the foal)

Turns out, the foal is a healthy colt. We are all wondering how Misty came to be pregnant. "Well, i got her a few years ago, and about 1 year ago, i boarded her at this one facility. They had an adorable, little, black, welsh stud there, and one day i went out there and the stallion had torn away from it's handler and jumped the fence to my pony's pasture. Then you know what happens next, but i had a few blood tests done on her and they came back negative. So that little stud pony must've jumped the fence and well, you know." I said, embarrassed.

We all decided that was about right so I was now imprinting my baby horse. I hadn't decided what his name would be yet, but my pony was in love with him. "So, have you decided what to name him?" Chase popped his head in. "Nope!" I smiled. "Oh, well i wanted to ask you something. I know it's a bit sudden, but will you go on a date with me?" He asked, now inches from my face. "Good, because you would be offended if i did this..." He said and kissed me.

I've never been kissed by a boy but it's such a strange feeling. And i wasn't sure what to think..

Macie's POV (current time)

I was now waiting for this girl Alexis's horse Spencer to be tacked up. Since there were 8 hunters and 8 jumpers, Stephen and i were going to be trading off. I'm doing jumpers today and hunters tomorrow.

I haven't ridden in hunters in forever so that was going to be very odd. James had to also get Sarah's horse Tiger ready for Stephen so i took a stroll over to Emma's barn. "Emma?" I asked. "In here!" She called. I walked over to Misty's stall, only to see her pony and a blue roan foal standing there. "Um.." I said blankly. "Oh! Misty had a colt last night. Meet Stormy!" She giggled.

Chase walked beside her and kissed her on the cheek. "Oh hi Macie!" He said innocently. "Is there something i don't know about?" I asked. "I should probably tell you. Emma and i are dating." Chase smirked.

I've known what heart break feels like but i haven't experienced it this bad. It felt like someone was stabbing my heart.

I slowly nodded and ran back to my tack stall crying. What am i going to do?

A/N: Hey! Sorry it's short! 😭 But i hope you enjoyed! 😃

Thanks for the almost 11k reads! ILY YOU ALL!!!! 😘😘😘😍💪👏👏🙏💃💃❤❤

-AC 🐴