Chapter 6

Marshall tossed the keys of the Lamborghini Aventador to the valet and offered Angela his arm as the doors of the Bellagio hotel opened for them. He was dressed in a black Armani suit and she, the Herve Leger dress with a mink coat as well as the Harry Winston diamond chandelier necklace Marshall had gotten her for their last anniversary.

They entered the hotel they were greeted by a middle aged women with shoulder length brown hair.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. McCoy. Welcome to the Bellagio Hotel." She said with a warm smile, extending her hand for them to shake, which they did. 

"We are so delighted to have you here this evening. Giovanni, our bellboy will be escorting you to our restaurant, if there is anything you need please send for me." She said, giving them another warm smile before leaving them with Giovanni who promptly lead them to the restaurant.

The restaurant was elegant with beautiful chandeliers and candle-lit tables. People dined and chatted quietly as a live jazz band softly played music. Giovanni showed them to the table that was reserved for them, pulling Angela's chair out for her as she sat down and slipped off her coat. He nodded to them politely before departing just as another man came to their table to attend to them.

"Hello, I'm Jacques. And I will be your server for this evening." He said with a thick French accent. "We would first like to offer you this complimentary champagne."

Marshall and Angela both thanked him as he popped open the bottle of Dom Perignon for them and set down two champagne glasses.

"Would you like to order now?"

"As a matter of fact I would." Marshall said. "I would like the filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes."

"And the foi de gras with a side of steamed asparagus for me please." Angela said.

"Of course Madam." Jacques said after scribbling down the order, nodding to them again before heading back into the kitchen.

When he left, Marshall poured them both some Dom. He handed a glass to Angela and she slowly took a sip from it before gazing at him over the candle burning between them.

"How was your week darling?" She finally asked.

Marshall's rubbed his temples at the thought of how stressful the week had been. "Hectic." He said finally. "And yours?" He asked.

"Oh the same." She sighed. "You know with the girls. Their birthday is in three months and they want to fly out to L.A. to go to Disneyland.

"That doesn't seem too difficult." Marshall said.

"They want to bring their entire class. On a private jet." Angela added.

Marshall chuckled at his daughters' demands. "Well you know who owns a jet? Tim Schwartz." He said. "And he owes me a favor. I'll see what I can do."

"That would be great." Angela said taking another sip from her glass.

When she put her glass down again Marshall reached for her hand. She hesitated before slowly giving him her hand as he clasped it in his.

Angela enjoyed the moment. There were only a few times out of the year that Marshall was able to make her feel how she did when they first started dating. Holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. Those were sacred in the McCoy family. And Marshall always made sure on those days, she felt like a queen. His queen.

She sighed and smiled at him with content. It was a good night so far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------